Thursday, November 1, 2012

A month of being Thankful, Day 1

I started seeing posts on facebook about posting each day something you are thankful for.  I thought this was a great idea, but decided to instead do a blog every day of something I am thankful for.  It might be something silly, could be a long post or short post.  I just think it's important to focus on the good.  I find that a lot of times it is much easier to focus on the negative and bad and you can overlook some of the good in your life.  I challenged my friend Susie to do the same.  You can follow her blog by clicking here.  Her latest blog is great and I recommend it for a good laugh.  She is single and could write a book about her many adventures. 

Day 1:

I am going to start this blog with being thankful for God.  I've always been a believer, but until around two years ago I did not have a relationship with Christ.  I am so thankful for the relationship that I have formed with Him.  I have learned so much about what it is like to be a child of God.  The love and grace he has for us is just so amazing.  I am in a much happier place in life with this bond that I have formed. 
Embarrassing, but true story is that growing up while in church when the minister would say "Please listen for the word of God..." I thought that meant count how many times they used the word "God" while doing the sermon.  FOR REAL.  So I would sit there and every time they would say the word "God" I would smile to myself thinking got that one.  Ha!  I think I had a mild touch and still probably have of ADD.
Now church has an entire new meaning to me.  I love the music and the message and look forward to each visit.  The music is a huge way for me to connect with Him and I've downloaded a lot of new music.  It's awesome.
God has provided me with an amazing family, incredible friends, a great job and great life.  I am so forever thankful.

1 comment: