Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Frenimies

I'm not sure if that is how you spell frenimies but I have a definite friend/enemy relationship with this time of year.  October is one of my favorite months of the year hands down!  We celebrate all month long between birthdays and Halloween events.  We get to go to the pumpkin patch, carve pumpkins (still need to do that) and go trick-or-treating with a great group of friends and Garrett's school has a fall carnival.  Sounds wonderful right? 
It is, but here is the downside:  my ability to turn down sweets and eat candy.  Every year I say I will not buy candy until the day of or I'm only buying pretzels (I'm not a big pretzel fan).  Yeah right!  This year Harris Teeter put a ton of candy and gum on clearance (doesn't expire until next year) so I bulked up.
I did really good for a while.  I asked Josh to hide the candy so I wouldn't be tempted.  He isn't very good at the hiding game.  It was out in the open in our spare bedroom.  When I found it, I noticed he had opened a bag!  Dang it!  So I had to have a few to make sure they were OK one!  Well that led to opening of a second bag. I then confessed I found the candy and he needed to hide said candy again.  I was good for 2 weeks...and then I was stressed and while Josh and G were doing something I went on a hunt to find the candy.  Didn't take long and I found it.
I didn't tell Josh this time.  I have successfully eaten an entire bag of candy by myself.  What is my problem??  No self control.  Thank goodness Halloween is tomorrow and that candy will be gone.  Luckily I will leave G's candy alone (for the most part).  Jeez!  Next year Josh will have to take the candy with him to work.  My name is Kim and I have an addiction to sugar! 
November 1 I plan on starting over (for about the 50th time this year) and give the healthier lifestyle another go!  One day at a time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment