Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A month of being Thankful, Day 6

Today I am thankful for the job that I have.  I used to work for a bank and loved the people I worked with, but it was too stressful for me!  Luckily for me one of my friends knew I didn't enjoy the bank and told me that there was a position open where her husband worked.  I was in the process of going back to school to be a teacher at the time and needed a less stressful job.  He called and I went in and interviewed and got the job!  I would be doing Accounts Payable for a franchisee of Taco Bell.  I really enjoyed this job.  I enjoyed it so much that I stopped going back to school and decided to stay on there full time.
In 2007 they sold the company to another franchise.  Luckily, they kept me on and now I do payroll for 34 restaurants.  We have KFC, Taco Bell and Long John Silvers.  I never in a million years would have thought that I would be doing this job.  It fell into place and has just been the perfect job. 
My boss is a great guy that we've ended up being great friends as well.  We've been though a lot together and just click.  It's nice to click with coworkers! 
I've met great friends there too.  I told you about Susie.  She used to work there too doing Accounts Payable.  I was NOT excited when she decided to work there.  I didn't think we would get along.  Ha!  I was so wrong.  Susie and I are such good friends.  In fact she came by today and had lunch with all of us and it was just like old times.
When Susie's replacement came I was a nervous wreck that we would not get along either.  So far so good.  We have really gotten along great and I think that it will be a great work situation.
I am so very thankful for a workplace that works with me and not against me.  For a job that gives me time off when I need it.  A job that is so very flexible when it comes to my family and looks out for my best interest.  I am very thankful to have this job and my work family.

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine why you would be worried that you wouldn't get along with someone?!...you're such a sweetie! Who wouldn't get along with you?

    ReplyDelete