Friday, November 2, 2012

A month of being Thankful, Day 2

Well today I am thankful for a ridiculous thing.  Being a parent is wonderful and challenging thing.  Today I am thankful for The Apple Award.  What might you ask is this award???
It is an award at school for the child that had the best manors, took a nap, listened to their teachers etc. got an apple that hangs from their neck.  When the mention of this award came out I thought no biggie, we got this!  God must have wanted to teach me something because it has been anything but easy for us. 
Garrett was the LAST child to get this freaking wonderful award.  Everyday on the way to pick him up I would get my hopes so high that it would be THE DAY...I think 4 weeks passed.  Today I got a phone call from school.  My first thought was he's sick.  Then I heard the sweet little voice of Garrett calling me to let me know that he had received the apple award!  So I am so very thankful that he finally got it.  If he doesn't get it again I'm OK with it.  He's a good kid and we know that and that's all that matters.  So thankful for my sweet boy and the fact that he got his Apple Award!
For a celebration we went to Moe's.  When we were in line waiting for our food the guy poked his a hole in G's wrap and I didn't worry about it.  Then G went down to check out the brownie situation and when he got to the end he fell.  BUSTED hard!  There was water on the floor.  The two guys that were working there clearly didn't have kids.  They just looked at him.  He stood up and started crying like crazy.  Someone was exhausted!  So the cashier asked me if he wanted a free cookie?  It comes with the meal anyway so no thanks.  Then we had a coupon and my item was to be free, but the did G's meal.  It was just one thing after another.  So glad this apple award is DONE!
Here is a picture of one proud kid:

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Congratulations on getting the apple award. But apple award or not, Garrett is one of the sweetest boys I know! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete