Saturday, November 10, 2012

A month of being thankful, Day 10

Today I am so thankful for unexpected surprises and gifts from God.  Today Josh had to work so our plan was to go to breakfast together and then he would go to work and Garrett and I would hang out until Josh came home.  No real plans, just hang out.
We went to breakfast which was hosted by Rotary here in Greenville.  My dad is the President so it was a lot of fun to go, plus wonderful pancakes and sausage!  My mom ended up being there too and we decided to go to the library together with Garrett.  The only problem was that it was 8:20 and the library opened at 9:00.  What to do??  We walked outside and there were BEAUTIFUL fall leaves on the ground that Garrett started to pick up.  My dad came out and helped Garrett find some gorgeous leaves.  Mom and I decided to go back to their house and make place mats out of the leaves by ironing them between wax paper.  We used to do this when I was a little girl and it was on my bucket list of things to do this fall.  Well it didn't turn out quite like I remember.  It worked enough though and was a fun memory.
After that we went to the library and picked out about 25 books.  I love the library!  Where else can you bring as many books home as you want and don't have to pay a thing!  We get so bored reading the same old books so we are excited to have some new reading material.  If they had a sanitize section to clean the books that would be amazing.  I just feel as though they are covered in germs!
There happened to be a BMX show going on next to the library (perfect)!  Garrett was amazed.  We sat there and watched them do their amazing stunts.  I think he wants to be a BMX rider now.  Let me tell you this mama needed a xanax was about to have a nervous breakdown and they weren't my children! 
We ate lunch at a yummy pizza place.  We were the only people there and Garrett found a dime on the table next to us.  So my mom gave it to our waiter and told him Garrett had found it on the table next to us (remember we were the first customers of the day).  He came back to give us our check and asked if we had really found that dime on the table next to us.  We told him yes and he told us that his wife's grandfather passed away not too long ago and ever since then she has been finding dimes all around (apparently that was something he gave her a lot or something?).  Anyway it gave me goosebumps to think we were the first customers there (clearly the tables had been cleaned the night before) and there was that dime there for our waiter.  LOVE it when stuff like that happens, it's like a hug from God!
After that we went to Catalog Connection which is a store that has discounted name brand clothing.  I had a $25 dollar gift certificate that was going to expire next month so I went to see what I could find.  Well nothing fit (hello exercise) so I decided to look at their coats.  I have been wanting a nice coat for a while.  I found a red J. Crew wool coat that was originally $330 dollars on sale for $65 dollars!!!  So it made it $48 dollars after my gift certificate!!  I felt like a million dollars with it on!  Yay for the small things!!
Josh and I volunteered in the 3 year old class tonight at church.  Luckily there were only 6 children so it was small.  One of the little girls that was there is one of my college roommates niece.  She is such a sweet little girl and so much fun.  There happened to be another little boy in the class and his last name is unusual.  I went to school with a girl with that same last name and we lived on the same hall freshman year at college.  Turns out that is his Aunt!  What a small world! 
IT was a great day and one of those that you look back on and just think how thankful you are.  If Josh could have been there with me that would have just been the icing on the cake!!  Oh and the weather was absolutely beautiful today too!

1 comment: