Saturday, November 3, 2012

A month of being Thankful, Day 3

Today I am thankful for my grandma Burton.  She is my mom's mom and has just moved here from Greensboro.  My mom went up on October 1st and found out that she was not doing well.  Basically it was very apparent that she needed to live in an assisted living.  Sadly we didn't get to Greensboro very often to visit.  We couldn't stay overnight with her, so it made for a long trip to go and visit for the day.
She moved here two weeks ago and is doing so much better.  She still has a long road ahead of her, but man what a difference a month has made!
Lucky for me her new home is 5 minutes from my work.  I've been going to visit at least once during the work week and once on the weekend. 
We have great talks and I've enjoyed meeting some of the other residents.  It is so sad because when I walk in it is like Christmas.  All the residents are so excited to see anyone come in.  I have a feeling that I will eventually get to know these other residents.
Right now I'm enjoying sweet time with my Grandma. I'm also enjoying her getting to know Garrett better and getting to see him on a regular basis. 

1 comment:

  1. Awww! That's so awesome. I wish wish wish I could visit my Grandma!!

    ReplyDelete