Sunday, October 28, 2012

Fall Festival

This weekend has been nothing but RAIN.  Secretly though I have enjoyed it.  I have been on the go for about a month straight and this rain has forced us to slow down.  We are still wearing our pajamas and it is 12:30 in the afternoon!  Garrett is sitting beside me watching TV and eating a sucker that has covered his face in goo.  Life is good!

Thankfully the rain didn't start until late Friday night and gave us the time to enjoy Garrett's Fall Festival at school.  I love his festival and enjoy seeing all the kids interact together.  Thursday night I had to make some cakes and brownies for the cake walk.  I decided to make a couple because I love to cook and I figured they can always use extra!  I try to be creative and this year I was pooped, so this was the best I got:
brownies with frosting and two cakes with spider webs on top...

Spider Web cake
They didn't turn out exactly as I had them pictured in my head.  I had also wanted to get plastic spiders to throw on top but didn't have time to stop by the store and get any.  I had also planned on making one of the cakes look like a pumpkin.  Well that didn't work either.  Overall I was happy though.
Friday we headed to the festival and they had firetrucks, a bouncy house, snow cone maker, cake walk, face painting and all sorts of games to play.  Garrett had so much fun playing with his friends.  To say he was WILD was an understatement...couldn't keep the boy still to save my life.  Here are a few pictures from the night:
Riding the horse

Checking himself out...he looks scary to me

Buddies...these boys were WILD but had a blast


Before face painting, doing the cake walk

Garretts friends doing the cake walk

These got out of order, but here he is getting started with the face painting
It was a fun time. 
Yesterday we went to G's best friends birthday party and I forgot my camera :-(  It was supposed to be an outdoor party, but Hurricane Sandy had other plans for it.  Luckily we were able to play outside in the very light rain for almost an hour then had to move indoors.  His mom is brave because she had at least 40 people in her house for the party.  Shew.  It was a lot of fun though and G had a blast.
We left and Josh went to the ECU game and Garrett and I stayed home and went to church.  Another great church service and then went to Moe's for dinner.  Perfect day!
The rest of today might be on the busier side.  I am going to go and vote, then we need to get Garrett new shoes (growth spurts like CRAZY around here).  We are also going to visit my grandma who recently moved down here from Greensboro.  She is living in an assisted living place and it is so good to have her here.  My parents invited us over for chili tonight and it is the perfect night for chili :-)

1 comment: