Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Our weekend brought to you by the letter "P"

When I thought back over this weekend most everything we did revolved around the letter "P".  It was such a wonderful weekend that I look back and just smile. 
Saturday morning we woke up and got ready for ECU Homecoming Parade!  I love this time of year.  The weather was perfect.  Garrett even put on face tattoo's.  He was such a cutie pie.  I just love when he wears a hat and it was cold enough he put his ski hat on.  We went to the alumni tent and had some yummy snacks and then headed to the parade.  Garrett had a blast.  Here are a few pictures:
Seriously...I could eat those cheeks!

Rock Collection...playing a game with Josh


After the parade we came home and relaxed for just a little bit and then headed to a Pirate Football tailgating and game.  Garrett was super excited about the game.  We couldn't ask for better weather.  The last 2 home football games have had TERRIBLE weather so I was relieved to have "normal" weather. 



OMG love him...

Sunday morning we went to church to Praise the Lord.  I needed this lesson like you would not believe.  It was all about Grace.  I was humbled by this sermon.  Grace is freely given by God even though it is undeserved.  Wow!  It's so hard to turn it around and have grace for others.  Also they talked about how Jesus sees people as people, not problems.  I think if I could follow this better I would be A LOT better off.  I am making progress, but still have some ways to go...
After church we went for Pictures.  We haven't had professional pictures done since Garrett was about 18 months old...horrible I know.  There was a local photographer running a special so I thought I would give them a chance.  We will get the pictures on Monday and I can't wait to see how they turned out!  If I can get a few good ones I would be sooo happy!!
After pictures as a reward we went to the Pumpkin Patch!  Oh this is my favorite time of the year.  I LOVE the pumpkin patch and could go every day.  We only had about 2 hours there on Sunday, so we only did the "kiddie corral" and their new slide they had.  To say he had a blast (and us) would be an understatement.  We will go back this weekend for the hay ride and picking out pumpkins to bring home!  Here are pictures from 2009 to current on how much G has grown.  I think I will strap him down at age 13 and still make him do this...ha!!!
2009...check out those chunky baby legs!!!  LOVE

2010 with Rooke

2011...not looking like a "baby" anymore!

2012...he will be taller than Josh and myself next year!


1 comment:

  1. what a fun weekend! Those pictures of Garrett are precious!

    ReplyDelete