Sunday, March 2, 2014

35 weeks

How Far AlongWe are 35 weeks and 6 days today. It is also March 1st the month Carter is to arrive! How in the world did it get here so fast???  Wow!
 
Size of Baby:  As of Tuesday we had an ultrasound (more on that later) and they said he weighs around 6.1 pounds.  They say give or take 3/4 of a pound.  Garrett weighed 8 pounds and 10 ounces when he was born and that was big enough for me!  I hope that Carter is a little over 7pounds...ha.  We will see!  The books say that the baby is around 5 1/4 pounds right now and around 18 inches long.  The size of a honeydew...

Maternity Clothes:   Yes and I am bringing sexy back let me tell you...pretty much wearing tennis shoes daily because it just helps.  Not having terrible swelling, but trying to wear flats or clogs just wears after a long day.  My Meredith ring is about to be retired for the rest of the pregnancy.  I just don't want it to get stuck.

Gender:  Boy!!!  Baby Carter.

Movement:  Yes and I LOVE it
 
Sleep:  My hips seem to be hurting more at night which means I am continuously flipping from side to side...let me tell you this is not so easy with this huge belly.  It takes a lot of energy to move back and forth.  That mixed with getting up to go potty throughout the night doesn't make for a restful night...

What I miss:  My energy still.  Deli lunch meat.  Being comfortable...starting to hit the uncomfortable stages.

What I'm looking forward to:  Spring and the time change!  I am ready for it to be light out when we come home and warmer days.  These cold days seem to last forever.  I check the 10 day forecast religiously and am so ready to show 4-5 consecutive days of WARM weather.  This weekend we are packing the hospital bag and doing some freezer meals.  We are also updating Garrett's bedroom to a Pirate themed room and I am so excited!  We found a wooden wheel for his wall and pirate drawer pulls for his dresser, a cool lamp and am just waiting on a wall sticker of a pirate ship with Captain Garrett on it!  Josh is actually painting his room right now in preparation of getting it all done.

Cravings/Food Aversions:  I finally can eat pretty much what I want.  This is great, but probably not what I need.  I'm thirsty a lot...I drink tons of water. 

Symptoms:  I have been having on and off sciatic nerve issues.  Not terrible thank goodness, but it can catch you off guard.  I have been really hungry lately too. 

Workouts:  Workouts are going pretty good.  I did 2 this week and took today off.  Next week I'm scheduled for 3, but on one of the days they have to draw blood work and do body comps on me (pinch my fat, weigh me and take measurements...gross!  Luckily this is the LAST one before Carter comes).  That day I will have a shorter workout. 
 
Best moment this past week:  I had a surprise baby shower at work and also had a few other showers that were just awesome.  We also had our ultrasound that I got through the study I'm doing at ECU.  While it was great seeing Carter, the experience was AWFUL!  Our appointment was at 4:30 and they agreed that Garrett could come.  This was so exciting for us because if you are under 10 at my OBGYN's office children can't come.  So we were so excited...well we got lost trying to find the place where the ultrasound was taking place.  We finally got there and was around five minutes late.  When I came in they said since you are more than 30 min late we aren't sure if we are going to take you.  I explained to them that my appointment was at 4:30 not 4:00.  Well they had me down for 4:00 apparently.  I luckily had printed out a paper showing a 4:30 time.  So around 4:50 they decided to allow me to have the ultrasound but were not friendly AT ALL.  they were pissed off I guess that they had to turn everything back on and do the ultrasound.  They wouldn't tell us what we were looking at unless we asked and I was told that hopefully they would get some pictures for me at the end.  I about hit the roof.  The woman was just RUDE.  I complained later because she shouldn't take it out on me.  Anyway it's over and we at least got to see Carter.  Garrett thought the whole experience was "BORING" which just made it that much more stressful.  the ultrasound tech did not help with making it a fun experience....
The weather today was AMAZING!  It was 70 degrees outside and was just such a tease!  Tomorrow it is supposed to sleet.  I think everyone from NC is OVER this weather!  If the weather could be more like for a while I think it would do wonders for everyone!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment