Wednesday, February 12, 2014

33 Weeks...when Carter found my sciatic nerve

How Far AlongWe are 33 weeks, 3 days as of today. 
 
Size of Baby:  As of 33 weeks he is the size of a pineapple...holy smokes!  He weighs a little over 4 lbs and is around 17 inches long!  WHOA.

Maternity Clothes:   I actually had to go and purchase a new pair of pants this week at work because the ones I were wearing were so TIGHT!  I only like maternity pants that cover my entire belly.  For those of you that aren't aware there are different types (and no this is not me in any of these pictures):
These are the type I prefer
 
these do NOT work for me
I had on a pair of the lower cute ones and the band kept rolling down and getting tighter.  I could no longer take it!  So I went to Old Navy and picked up a pair of yoga pants.  OMG so comfy!!!  I was in heaven the rest of the day....

Gender:  Boy!!!  Baby Carter.

Movement:  Yes and I LOVE it
 
Sleep:  Doing OK...I'm starting to wake up more during the night and am having a hard time falling back asleep after 3am.  Well I do fall back asleep but it is usually around 6am and the alarm goes off at 6:30.  Makes for sleepy mornings until I get my Dt. Mt Dew!  Also my hips are beginning to hurt again.

What I miss:  My energy.  I want to spend a lot of time with Garrett and Josh, but just get so sleepy.  My energy comes and goes.  Some days are awesome and others I can't take it.  My weeks are pretty busy these days.  I have to workout 3 days a week and then Garrett has gymnastics twice a week.  Josh and I split the time and he takes him one night and I do the other, but that puts me not getting home until late 4 out of 5 nights a week.  Kindof sucks.  It won't get any better because I have the workouts until Carter comes...and they are worth it, just exhausting.

What I'm looking forward to:  Spring!  I know that means Carter will be here, but we are on our 3rd snow in 6 weeks.  I did not sign up for this in Greenville, NC!  More post to come later on that.

Cravings/Food Aversions:  I finally can eat pretty much what I want.  This is great, but probably not what I need.  I'm thirsty a lot...I drink tons of water. 

Symptoms:  I have been having strange symptoms.  Last Friday after working out I came home and it felt like I had pulled a muscle in my right butt cheek (sorry if TMI).  Well I couldn't sit, it hurt so bad!  I couldn't figure out what had happened.  It felt better when I laid down.  After doing a little research I found out Carter had found my sciatic nerve.  Well it got better after the weekend and I haven't had any other issues until the past few days.  My legs have started getting tingly feelings going up and down them and my arms a little too.  Apparently Carter is on a nerve that is causing this.  It's very strange and I don't like it.  They gave me some exercises to try to get him off.  We will see how it goes.

Workouts:  Workouts are hit and miss with this snow!  I was supposed to go last night, but canceled and  am supposed to go tomorrow, but that isn't happening either!  Hopefully next week we will be back on schedule and NO MORE SNOW!!
 
Best moment this past weekBeing showered by some sweet friends!  Spending time with family.  that is the benefit to the snow is that we have been able to spend time together!!!
 
33 week picture:
And the board does say 33 Weeks (with an "s", I was standing in front of the "s")
Again, I don't feel like my belly is that big.  Blows my mind every time I see a picture!

1 comment: