Thursday, March 20, 2014

38 weeks plus a few days...

How Far AlongWe are 38 weeks and 4 days today!  I'm starting to feel every bit of it as well :-) 
 
Size of Baby:  Babycenter says that he is a little over 19 inches and almost 7 pounds...I've had two doctor's appointments since my last blog update.  They were with two different midwives.  They both gave me an estimate of what they thought he would weigh full term.  They both said 9 pounds.  HOLY CRAP.  I was hoping for like 8lbs 5 ounces or something along those lines...ha!  We will see what happens.

Maternity Clothes:   Yes and am limited on what covers the belly.  It's hard to believe that we are getting to the end.

Gender:  Boy!!!  Baby Carter.

Movement:  Yes and I LOVE it...I'm trying to enjoy every second of it since we are not planning on having any more children.  It is by far my favorite part of pregnancy.  A little after 9pm every night I can set my clock to some good movement.  Even if I'm exhausted I try to stay up to feel all the moves he makes :-)
 
Sleep:  My sleep is on and off...Last week I woke up starving and had cereal in the middle of the night.  Then I had a few nights where I would wake up between 2:30 and 3:30am and not be able to fall back asleep for at least 2 hours.  My mind was going NON STOP.  Last night I had the most intense Charlie horse cramp in my leg.  I don't know how Josh did not wake up from my mini scream and deep breathing.  My leg hurt until lunch time today.  CRAZY!

What I miss:  My clothes fitting, exercise and I am so excited about a Jersey Mikes Deli sub once Carter comes!  Ha!!!  Of course with this warm weather, a nice ice cold beer will taste amazing.  I also am looking forward to just being able to eat without looking to see if things are OK to eat or not.  All worth it...

What I'm looking forward to:  Spring time.  Today was the first official day of Spring and supposedly we are supposed to have another cold snap next week.  Everyone is OVER winter.  Schools are having to go on Saturday's right now.  I have a feeling that this November/December there won't be many people praying for snow! 
I'm also looking forward to life as a family of four.  While I know that it will have challenges and exhaustion and crazy emotions, I am ready.
Josh and my 11 year wedding anniversary is Saturday.  that is pretty exciting!

Cravings/Food Aversions:  I crave orange juice in the middle of the night.  I honestly think I could chug an entire 64 ounce bottle.   

Symptoms:  I have been out of breath, swelling has started a little (not much at all, but a little something) and exhaustion.  Oh and my belly button is going from an "inny" to an "outie"...ha

Workouts:  Workouts are same ole same ole.  I will miss the other moms that I've gotten to know and a few of the student workers.  they really are amazing and have made working out fun. 
 
Best moment this past week:  I had a few GREAT moments.  First Garrett and I had a date night and it was just awesome.  The weather was perfect that day.  I picked him up from school and we went to the park.  From there we went to Zaxby's and then to ColdStone.  He reached up while at ColdStone and gave me the biggest hug and ice cream kiss.  He just told me he loved me and thank you for the ice cream.  It was just a very sweet moment that about brought me to tears.  He is just such a sweet boy with a HUGE heart that I just love with all my heart!
I've had a few doctor's appointments.  Around 3 weeks ago (I think my 36 week appointment) I asked if she would check to see if I was dilated.  I wasn't expecting to be, but to my surprise I was already 1-2cm dilated!  WAHOO.  I went back yesterday (2 weeks later) and was a full 3cm dilated and 50% effaced.  She told me she was VERY impressed with my progression.  I'm just excited we are headed in the right direction.  I also lost 1 pound from last week to this week which was a SHOCKER esp since I have been eating in the middle of the night.  My midwife told me that was a good sign and an old wives tale that labor will be coming soon.  He is still head down.  I am still hoping that he will come next week while my midwife is on duty at the hospital.  I would so love for her to deliver :-)
Lastly I am almost done with wrapping things up at work which is a huge relief off me.  Oh and the hospital bag is officially packed.  Minus the stuff I can't pack yet!
Here is a picture of 38 weeks and 3 days.  Bless Garrett, he can basically play hide and seek behind my belly...ha!!!!!
 
 

 
 

2 comments:

  1. You look so great, Kim!!! So excited for you and your family! I love that picture of you and Garrett! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for babies!! So excited for you and your little family...that is about to grow by one!!! Have a fun weekend!!

    ReplyDelete