Wednesday, October 30, 2013

18 Weeks and Gender reveal!!!!!

Well I missed week 17, so decided to just go to 18.  What a FUN two weeks it has been.  I went to New York last week with my mom and had a blast!  I think it was perfect pregnancy planning.  I was out of first trimester so was able to eat more and had more energy but wasn't too far along that I was uncomfortable!  This week we also found out the Gender and had a gender reveal party :-)  So much fun!!!!


How Far AlongToday I am 18 weeks 3 days.

Size of Baby:  Up to an green pepper (I think that's what it said).  According to the ultrasound, the tech said the baby was 8 ounces and the doctor said 9 ounces.  So growing quite a bit and has doubled in size since week 16!

Maternity Clothes:   Oh yes.  I have embraced leggings and am ready for cool weather to sport them.  In New York I was able to pick up a few more shirts and feel a bit better.  I am trying not to purchase any more than needed because you are only in the clothes but for so long.  Unfortunately these two pregnancies were in different seasons, so I don't have appropriate clothing.  Also my internal furnace has not ignited yet and I still stay cool for the most part.

Gender:  Drum roll please.....Baby is a BOY.  To say we were SHOCKED is an understatement.  Haha.  Everyone thought he was a girl.  We were a little sad at first that we won't have a boy and a girl but quickly embraced the idea of two boys!!!  Josh said we saved a lot of money...ha!  Now time to start thinking names.  We HONESTLY have not thought of ONE name. 

Movement:  From week 16 to not feeling much we have movement now!  Week 17 is when I started feeling light movement.  towards the end of the week I started feeling it more consistently.  This week, 18 weeks I have really started to feel more strong movement!  It is beyond exciting.  In fact tonight I think I saw my belly jump out for the first time! 

Sleep:  Sleep is better but time to invest in a pregnancy pillow.  We lost ours from being pregnant with Garrett.  Those jokers are like 60 bucks, but I need it. 

What I miss:  Still miss deli meat. 

What I'm looking forward to:  Feeling the baby movement!

Cravings/Food Aversions:  Food aversions I'm having now are foods with red sauce.  It's what I love and crave but get crazy reflux afterward.  Still craving salty foods over sweet.  Really turn down sweets a lot...

Symptoms:  Nothing new...

Workouts:  Workouts are going great.  We walked all over New York and I still managed to gain 7lbs!  WHAT???  I busted out laughing and the mid-wife did not think it was that funny.  Well I had been in New York eating wonderful food.  She asked me if the scale could be right.  Well hopefully it will level off.  My next appointment isn't for 6 weeks.

Best moment this past week:  That's a tough one.  New York City was AMAZING!!!!  Memory forever.  We also found out that baby Dail is a BOY!  I will do a separate post on that when I get the pictures back from the gender reveal.  We did a small reveal with our parents and Garrett.  It was perfect!

Here is a picture of 18 weeks:

No comments:

Post a Comment