Sunday, November 10, 2013

Fall

I haven't done a family update in awhile.  We have had a busy but fun Fall so far.  Garrett has been FULL of energy but oh so sweet.  His heart is just so big and it makes mine so full.  He tells us constantly how much he loves us.  He has been super cuddly and I am soaking it all in.  I don't pick him up anymore since being pregnant so we snuggle!  He also hugs his baby brother and gives him kisses (hugs my belly and kisses it) and it is THE SWEETEST!  The love he has for his brother already is just awesome!!!  He also told Josh that when he gets older and marries me that Josh can still live with us, but his baby brother will have to find somewhere else to live.  hahahahaha!  I love the stuff he thinks of and thinks it is so sweet that he wants to marry me!  What a sweetie pie.
Josh told me last night that Garrett confessed to Josh that he cut his own hair while we were not in the room with him.  LUCKILY we didn't notice so he must have only cut a very little bit.  He loves arts and crafts and will start having to check in on him more often when he is so quiet playing by himself!

We went to Myrtle Beach at the beginning of Fall.  It was a great family trip, but a lot of work!  Garrett loved it and still talks about it to this day!  Here are some pictures:
Family selfie...

First put put experience...thank goodness for the plastic club or we would've been in trouble!  That boy can swing a club!

Family Picture :-) 

always has to be a little drama.  We were laughing while he was saying "It's NOT FUNNY"...ha

He could live in the sand/water


Ripley's aquarium was AMAZING!!!  Must see!


Daddy always is there to play!
Halloween just passed and man it was fun!  We don't live in a big neighborhood.  There are only a few other families with children, so we always go to his best friend Rooke's house to celebrate.  It is so much fun and there are 4 or so of his other friends that come too and they always have a great time.  I cherish the friendships he has made that have ended up being friendships that I have made with the children's parents.  Here are some Halloween pictures from 2013...
This is actually taken before Rooke's birthday party.  I was so proud he wrote his own name.  Growing up fast!

he loves to write his name and I love it too. 

two precious pumpkins

scooping out the yucky stuff

Drawing faces on the pumpkin...I dotted it and then Garrett filled it in


This year he wanted to be a Pirate!  I could just squeeze him





Group Picture of all the kids!!

Madison & Garrett.  We didn't even plan on them dressing alike!

Aren't they just precious

Rooke, Garrett's best bud!

the "doctors"

It will be sad when they are too old to ride in wagons...

Partners in crime


We had a great Halloween.  About two days later though Garrett got his first stomach bug!! We made it 4 years, 10 months without one.  I used to call him the stomach of steel.  I never have mentioned the fact that he has never had a stomach bug because I was afraid to say it out loud!  Ha.  I thought as soon as I said it, he would get it.  Luckily it was just 24 hours.  The morning it hit though Josh had to go to work.  He only works like 2 Saturday's a year and this happened to be one of the Saturday's.  We had both been up since 2 am and were just in go mode.  My parents came over to bring breakfast (we were supposed to go to a pancake breakfast that morning, but obviously that wasn't happening).  She was sweet enough to take him with her back to her house.  I was sad that I was not able to cuddle Garrett and just love on him during this time, but I knew that I did not need to get the stomach bug either since I was pregnant!  Luckily no one else got it and he was feeling better after a few days. 
The Dail's have also moved up to the 21st century with the purchase of I phones!  Josh has used a flip phone since I've known him and I don't know how I convinced him to go to a smart phone and an I phone at that!  We are truly enjoying them, but it is a learning curve!
I plan on doing some Thanksgiving day crafts with Garrett today.  I hope to do a blog on the gender reveal this week.  I am going to get the pictures today :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment