Monday, January 9, 2012

Christmas

Shew, it is two weeks past Christmas and I'm just getting around to blogging about it!  We have been SO BUSY.  We have 6 Christmas events to go to including our own.  We start with Josh's grandparents LeLe and PaPa.  It is a great way to start out the Christmas celebrations.  We went over for lunch and Garrett was SO spoiled.  We had a fabulous meal and Garrett loved his gifts.  He got a Buzz Light year scooter, clothes, movies and cars!  Not a bad way to start out!  Here are a few pictures:
Check out all the gifts!!!  Wow!
   
Getting some sugar from LeLe!

Do you think someone loves his new Scooter??

Helping PaPa open his gift

Pure Joy!

Kaysey and Garrett playing!
After LeLe's we start the busy busy time.  We did LeLe's the week before Christmas.  Saturday was Christmas Eve.  It was so nice because I actually had it off this year!  This is extra special because this happens to be Josh's birthday!  We spent most of the day hanging out as a family.   Garrett and I baked cookies for Santa, and spread the ground with glitter so that Santa could find his way to our house!  He loves throwing things, so it was just awesome.  We had church services starting at 5:00.  We went to a new church this year.  We went to a church in Farmville to hear Rick Bailey sing.  He is so amazing!!  It will bring you to tears.  Rick's grandson and Garrett go to the same school and are friends.  Garrett did really well during the service.  Last year we started doing Christmas as an entire family.  What does this mean?  We go to Susan's house on Christmas Eve.  We all do.  My parents, my brother and his fiance and us.  It is so nice that our families get along so well that we are able to celebrate as an entire family.  We don't use the term "in-law".  We are just family!
Susan fixed Chicken and Pastry and my parents brought beans.  We had a birthday cake for Josh.  Here are some pictures from Susan's house:

We get to celebrate Josh's birthday first!  Yummy cake

This is how G attacked any bag with tissue paper.  It was fun to watch!

First pair of skates!

My brother Preston and my future sister-in-law Nicole!  Love them

The kids, minus Josh

My mom, me and Nicole

SuSu and Garrett

Josh, Garrett, SuSu and Me

Getting some sugar!  I'm not sure who is having more fun :-)
Christmas morning we woke up and did Christmas at our house.  It was just awesome.  He loved all of his gifts and it took about an hour to open them.  I treasured this since I know that it will soon be a race to see how fast he can open all the gifts.  All he wanted this year was 3 Monster trucks.He would change the colors of what he wanted occasionally, but all in all he wanted 3 Monster Trucks.  So we went on a truck hunt and found some good ones!  He also got an art easel and a lot of arts and craft stuff.  He also got other goodies and we loved it!  Here are some of our Christmas pictures:
Well, it's giving me an error, so no pictures!  Sorry!

 We had a good time playing with gifts and then went to my parents house for breakfast and celebrating Christmas again!  Did I mention I LOVE Christmas?  I also love breakfast food.  We had a bread pudding (which I didn't think I would enjoy, but was SO YUMMY), bacon, egg and sausage casserole, cinnamon roles, and more food that I can't remember.  All I remember is that it was delicious!  Susan also came over with us.  It was great to have everyone together again.  Here are a few snapshots of the Joyner's Christmas:
G loves his Pops!

everyone has a stocking!



The Godfather...kiss the rings!

G loved his dump truck to deliver all the gifts

Seriously does it get much cuter?



The Dails 2011

Grandparents and Garrett
We had such a fun Christmas.  It was very quick and wonderful all at the same time.  I love spending time with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment