Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Back into the swing of things...urgh

This year I said that I would not allow to gain weight over the Holiday's.  I love to eat and never have been one to skip a meal.  EVER.  I am also an emotional eater.  I look forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas for all the casseroles and deserts.  I could seriously skip the meat and just eat sides and desserts.  YUMMMMM
Well I failed again this year.  I'm OK with it, but maybe next year I can get this eating thing in check for the Holiday's.  Thanksgiving was awesome and the weeks leading up to Christmas were awesome as well.  Garrett's birthday just passed and we have New Years this weekend.  (Still will blog about our Christmas and birthday this week).  We have had SO MUCH food.  Wow.  I'm stuffed just thinking about it.
Well I also slacked off on exercise.  I normally exercise 4-5 times a week.  I was averaging 2 a week for the past few weeks.  Well with all that, I gained 7lbs!  YIKES.
So yesterday started boot camp to eating right and exercise.  I get an A plus on the eating, and and F on exercise (well maybe a D minus).  I say D minus because I did get dressed and went to the gym, but my class had been canceled.  I could have stayed...but I went to Old Navy instead.  Oh well.
I did get up this morning with my friend Traci to run and it was terrible!  We made it about 2 miles.  We normally go at least 3, but the wind and cold were working against us.  Hopefully by Friday the wind will be under control. 
Anyway, here is to getting back on track!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for getting back on track! That 7 pounds will fall off in no time. I gained, too. But unlike you, I haven't gotten back on track yet :( I'm waiting until Monday. I am using this week to get things settled to set myself up for success next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont feel bad...it is the holdidays afterall, AND...its only 7lbs, not 17lbs!!! It will fall off as soon as a normal routine of running and eating starts up! Good for you!! xoxox~

    ReplyDelete