Thursday, January 12, 2012

Oh Garrett!

Let me tell you, this boy is keeping us on our toes.  He is a hoot.  His teachers are working on manors with everyone apparently.  The normal saying please and thank you, etc.  He has surprised us with other things and it just makes my heart warm! 
The other night at dinner he was done with his food and all of a sudden his hand shot up and he said "May I be excoosed?"  It took a minute to realize that he was asking to be excused.  PRECIOUS.
He also has learned to compliment and let me tell you he loves to give as much as receive them.  He started a few weeks ago and said, "Mommy I going to say you pretty and you say Awwww."  I looked at him and smiled and he gave me the sweetest little look and then said, "Mommy you pretty!"  Then I said "Awww"  He was grinning ear to ear.  Then a few days later he said, "Mommy tell me I handsome and I will say Awww".  So I did and he said "awwww".  We do this almost daily.  I love it and look forward to it.  This morning he just looked at me and said "Mommy you are bootiful and pretty"  he smiled and then said "say awww"  HA...LOVE HIM!
He is doing such a good job eating too lately.  He was not a good eater for about 2 years.  It was a fight to get him to eat.  Well now he is doing such an awesome job.  It is so nice for dinner not to be so stressful!
We have also been working on his sleeping.  The child did not sleep the first 8 months of life.  Since then he has always been an early riser.  I can count on one hand how many times he has slept past 7:00am.  He goes down at 8pm every night, and usually wakes between 5:15 and 5:45.  URGH.  So a wonderful friend of mine recommended this night light:  http://www.amazon.com/Wake-Childrens-Alarm-Clock-Nightlight/dp/B002RNKOM2 .  It turns green when it is time to wake up.  I was not for certain it would work.  IT DOES WORK!!!  We set it for 6:00am and have been using it for the past 3 weeks.  He has stayed asleep until the green light goes off for all put two mornings!!!  We are going to start increasing it by 5 minutes every so often so maybe (just maybe) we can make it until 6:30am!  A girl can dream right!
We have also had some issues with some bad behaviors.  The other night in the bathtub I heard him say the word "stupid".  It hurt my heart.  He doesn't know what he is saying, but it still hurts to hear.  I explained to him that it is a really bad word and we don't say it.  I thought we were cured of the word until he went to SuSu's house and said it.  Then he went to timeout at school for saying it.  I had warned him that if he said it again he would have a spanking and timeout.  So we had to follow through.  It hurt me more than him.  His little lip was sticking out so far.
We are also working on no shoving, hitting, tackling.  Oh boys!  So every night after school he gives us a full report of what he did not do. 

Well this is what has been going on with Garrett lately...

No comments:

Post a Comment