Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Happy New Year...12 days later

Wow it is already 2012, I can't believe it!  Everyone says that your years will go quicker and quicker when you have children.  I thought that they were all LIARS the first year of Garrett's life.  That year took at least 2 years to get through!  Shew!  But these past two years with have flown by!  We are having such a fun/challenging time!
I've been thinking what my "resolutions" are going to be for this year?  First off I would like to continue to work on my relationship with God.  I joined a new church this past year and LOVE it.  I had the honor of being asked to do a bible study with one of the church staff.  It has been wonderful.  I have learned so much and can't wait to keep on learning. 
Well a big focus of last year for me was running.  I had run a bunch of 5K (3.1 mile) races.  I wanted to do something a little bit more and so in 2011 I ran my first 8K (right at 5 miles), 10K (6.2 miles) and to end the year I ran a 10 mile run.  CRAZY.  I had always wanted to do the 10 mile, but NEVER had the nerve to actually do it.  Well I did do it and if I say so myself, I was pleased with my results.  SO what do I do for this year?  Well I'm going to do my first 1/2 marathon.  I might even be driving around with one of those 13.1 stickers on my car!  Ha!  I also want to beat my times from last year!  I have a WONDERFUL running group and I know that we will get there!
I would like to make time for me this year.  I took my first day off for me ever this past month.  It was amazing!  I plan on doing it another couple of times this year.  Maybe 3 or 4. 
I would like to read some more books.  By "more" I mean more than one!  ha! 
I hope to cook more.  We get in a rut here and end up eating the same thing all the time.  I am looking forward to cooking new and healthy stuff!
I am going to try and get a new word into my vocabulary...BUDGET.  Ewww.  I really want to work on my finances.  I believe that the end of this year will involve a new car.  I don't want a car payment because it has been SO NICE not to have one for the past 6 years.  It will be an adjustment.
I know I had thought of some other thoughts on what I want to accomplish this year.  I look foward to 2012.  My brother is getting married in June to an amazing girl.  I really like her and look forward to getting to know her better!  I just have to get rid of the weight that I collected in December!  Whoa.  Hopefully it will be off soon!

1 comment: