Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The never ending journey

One journey that I am always on is the weight loss journey.  I've never been one to be able to either not have to work out or watch what I eat.  I know this, but for some reason I always get going 100 miles per hour and then crash and burn.  SO I am trying this time to ease into it and to not get burned out!  I just wanted to share a few of my favorite things that are helping me through this journey:

 


Made to Crave is an AMAZING book.  I am only in Chapter 3, but it is honestly the best book that makes so much sense and I can relate to!  I can't tell you how many "last meals" I've had before starting a "diet"...she addresses this!  She even talks about when she finally decided to visit a nutritionist that she sat in her car with her last meal, looked around to make sure no one was looking and licked the plate!  hahahaha!!  That is so me.  So far this book is about changing your focus from craving food to craving Him.  I am guilty that when I have a bad day, I turn to food.  When I have a good day, to celebrate I turn to food.  If I'm depressed, anxious, you name it...turn to food.  Where should I turn to?  Prayer and God.  So I can't wait to see where this book continues to go, but so far so good!!!
 
Weight Watchers makes an AWESOME ice cream bar!!!  It is incredible and I will save my calories every day for one of these right now.  Oh my goodness.  They are 140 calories and worth every one! 

 
I also love Pop Secret 100 calorie kettle pop corn.  I eat it every day.  It is a lot of food and only 100 calories.  It can't get much better than that!
 
 
One last thing that I am really enjoying is My Fitness Pal app for my phone!  It is so cool.  One of the important things to do when eating right is to write down what you are eating every day.  I used to do this by pen and paper.  This eliminates that and stores it on your phone.  The best thing is that when you eat something and you add it, you can scan the bar code and it uploads all the information straight into your diary!  LOVE THIS!  It is very cool and I highly recommend it!
 
I know that I will have tons of "tests" along the way, but so far so good.  Today I turned down two YUMMY meals and stuck to my meal that I packed.  We have a few get aways planned over the next 6 weeks and football season is here, so I know that the challenges are going to be very tempting!  I will take one day at a time!


5 comments:

  1. Kim - you are an inspiration! I SOOOO need to get busy and serious about some weight loss and I think you may inspire me to get started... keep up the good work!
    Jeri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just ordered Lysa's book "Unglued" and I can't wait to start reading it. AND I LOVE THOSE WW BARS!! OH my goodness! How are they that good??! :) I'll have to pick up that popcorn. And I should probably read that book, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just signed up for a small group tht is studying "unglued" and hope that they have room for me. She is such an amazing author! The book "Made to Crave" has been such an inspiration.

      Delete
  3. This is a great book! I have the devotional book too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is an amazing book and has also been an eye opener for me!

      Delete