Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Catching Up

Well we've had a lot going on and I haven't posted in a long time!  My goal (as always) is to start blogging more.  I am envious of those that are able to blog a couple of times a week.  So fingers crossed I can at least get one post in a week! This could be a long post.
Josh and I got excited earlier in July because we found some land a house plan that we liked.  After much debating we decided that we were going to sell our house and move.  Oh my goodness I was so excited.  We submitted all the changes we wanted to the builder and they came back with a price that we felt comfortable with.  We spent my birthday weekend cleaning our house out and getting it ready for putting it on the market.  That next week the builder came back and said that he misquoted us by 10,000 dollars!  Well that was not going to work for us, so we decided against building.  We have started looking at more house plans and other houses for sale.  We have just put the breaks on because we spent so much time working on getting everything together for the last house that didn't work out.  We at least now know what we do and do not want in a house.  We just trust that God has a plan for us and that wasn't in His plans right now.
Garrett has been fun and finished his swim lessons.  Every year I don't think that he will learn anything from his lessons and then I am blown away with how much he learns.  Before taking lessons the boy could NOT swim at all!  He would always say "Mommy I can swim" and then he would sink to the bottom.  The boy has no fear which is great but gives this mommy a heart attack every time we are close to a pool.  So this was good for both of us.  This year parents had to stand on the outside of the fence of the pool while the children took their lessons.  I am proud to say that Garrett now knows how to swim.  He can hold his breath for a good amount of time and can get from point A to point B.  He can't tread water, but I am so excited that he can swim now!  I have video on my phone but I can't get it to my computer!  Just trust me...it's GREAT!!!
Last weekend Garrett, Susan (Josh's mom) and I went to a birthday party for one of my besties from college and then went to Garrett's first water park.  It was SO MUCH FUN...Garrett had a blast and told me "Mommy you are just the best"  So sweet!
Josh has had a summer cold this week and I think I am getting it...boo!!  We have just been exhausted!  It is really pitiful.  We've been trying to go to bed early.  I've still been trying to exercise, but it's been after work instead of the morning.  I miss my running group SO MUCH but am having such a hard/impossible time getting up.  I'm hoping that I can snap out of this exhaustion asap and get back to running with the girls!
Well that is enough of an update right now.  I'm currently trying to write down the things Garrett is doing/saying that tickle me so I can remember them :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment