Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Ups and Downs of March

March has been a really busy month for us.  Wow.  We have had a lot going on and am ready for some down time, but I don't feel like that will be happening any time soon. 
March started out a tad bit on the sad side for me.  One of my best friends that was also my coworker ended up leaving for another job opportunity.  I miss her so much.  We still talk, but she has been in training in her new job and is super busy so we don't get to talk as often as I would like.  Hopefully I will get to see her this week!  Fingers crossed.  I can't believe it has been a month since I've seen her!  Crazy!
The big news for me is that I got a new car!!!!  Well a new to me car.  Ha!  I had a 2001 Honda Accord and loved it.  Someone offered to buy it and I couldn't pass on their offer.  So then began my car search.  I couldn't decide between a minivan or a car.  I'm not a huge fan of a minivan, but they are so convenient for families.  I just felt silly driving around with one child in a minivan!  The gas mileage was also a factor and the cars just got so much better mileage.  I wanted another Honda, but found a 2010 Toyota Camry.  I felt like a trader, I've been a Honda owner and think they are just awesome cars.  I have to admit, I am now a Toyota fan as well.  I love my car.  It is my first vehicle with leather seats.  It was even cold enough one morning to put the heated seats on!  Oh the small things.  After going six years without a car payment it will be hard to get used to having one again! 
I also ran my first Half Marathon.  I trained hard for this.  I was so excited.  I didn't care about how long it took me, I just wanted to run the entire thing.  I got up to 11 miles before the race, so I knew that I could push it 20-25 minutes to run those extra 2.1 miles.  I was nervous that my running watch was off a little bit.  I didn't feel as fast as it was telling me I was going.  I tested it a time or two and it wasn't off that much I though.  WELL bad news.  It was REALLY off!  I will get to that.  The day of the race it was really hot and muggy out.  My nerves were shot!  Well we took off running and I did pretty good through the first 5 miles.  It was HOT though and I was sweating like crazy (most of my training was in the winter and it was easier to run).  Around mile 7 I got a cramp in my side and it was over from there.  I think I made it a little over 7 miles and finally decided to walk.  I was so upset that I had to walk.  BUT I didn't want to get sick or have an injury.  We walked a good bit and tried to run, but good gracious it was hard to get back in it.  My legs felt like they weighed 100lbs each and they had cramped up from stopping and going.  YUCK!  So, needless to say it was probably one of my hardest runs ever.  I did finish and it took around 2 hours and 43 minutes.  I ran a 10 mile race in December of 2011 and it took 1 hour 43 minutes.  SO that shows what a bad run it was.  Oh an my watch!  So when we got to mile 9 I looked at my running watch and it said 11 miles.  It was WAY OFF!  So when training, I only ran 9 miles total before the half.  I will do another one this winter.  Hopefully that will go better!!!  Here are a few pictures from my adventure.  One of my best friends husbands ran with me and I am so happy he did it with me.  Richard was awesome!
This was us FINALLY finishing :-)

We did it...ALL DONE

Garrett and my parents got me this balloon and attached it to Buzz!  Perfect!
After the race I had the best lunch ever!!!  Cook Out cheeseburger with fries and onion rings and a milkshake!  YUMMY!  Oh my goodness it was delicious!
Josh and I also celebrated our 9 year wedding anniversary!  I can't believe we have been married nine years now.  Seems like just yesterday.  We have gone through a lot together and I couldn't imagine doing it with anyone else (except maybe Ryan Renolds...ha).  We haven't had a chance to celebrate yet because I had my half marathon that weekend.  We are going to go to Charlotte sometime this year and go whitewater rafting again.  We did it last year it was AMAZING!  I can't wait!  Here are some flowers I got from my parents and Josh:
How lucky am I???
My future sister-in-law turned 30 and we got to meet her family for the first time and have a big family celebration.  It was so much fun.  I am lucky to have her as a future sister-in-law.  She as is beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside.
Oh the other up and down thing has been my motivation for exercise and eating healthy!  Ugh.  I have a wedding to be in June 9 and have some weight to shed!  Time to get on it!!!!
The weather in March has gone from cold to HOT.  I hope that we have a true Spring!  Here are some pictures from March.  It was a fun month. 
Checking out the cars on his hiney!

Playing outside checking out an airplane :-)

LOVE bubbles!!

Love this face!!!

Doing a little gardening!

Helping daddy!

1 comment:

  1. It is hard to be believe it has been a month. We will see each other this week! I am so happy for you - car, half marathon, Josh & Garrett - You are lucky girl. :)
    BTW - I MISS YOU TOO!!

    ReplyDelete