Friday, March 9, 2012

"Mommy I've got a story for you..."

Boy we have a little one with a BIG imagination.  I can't tell you how much I just love this and have been looking forward to this time.  He will sit and play with his toys and make conversation up with the different cars/super hero's.  It's fun to listen to him when he doesn't know we are listening.  He will put them in time out and everything.  Ha!
His favorite thing to do is tell stories.  Every night before he goes to be he says "Mommy (or daddy) I've got to tell you a story."  The story used to be "There was a wolf and he would huff and puff (insert blowing noise) and blow the house down.  That's the end of my story."  He would then say "your turn mommy".  I would try and do a story with him in it.  "there once was a prince named Garrett".  He would stop me and say mommy you are silly, I'm not a prince.  He would laugh and laugh! 
Now the stories have become longer and sillier.  We were at daycare and he said "mommy I've got a story for you"  He says "One day daddy was going down the street and two cars crashed and daddy lifted the cars over his head!"  Bahahaha!  It tickled me!
Mainly his stories consist of most of the things that he has seen throughout the day or whatever is right in front of him.  Tonight his stories consisted of his cars that are on his wall.  I hope that he keeps getting more detailed in these stories and they don't stop any time soon!  They are a treasure to listen to and I look forward to hearing "mommy I've got a story for you"  I LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment