Saturday, February 25, 2012

Snuggles and Cuddles and one funny, smart big boy!

Last weekend we sent Garrett to Pops and Grandmommy's house for a sleepover.  When we went to pick him up the next day my mom said "I was freaked out when I saw that you didn't pack a pull-up."  I was confused and then realized we forgot to pack one!  Oops!  Well they put G in his big boy underwear and he rocked it!  He was dry throughout the night! I was so excited for him!  This is about his last "big" milestone of being a big boy!  We have just been lazy about putting him in underwear at bedtime because we didn't have a mattress cover and just haven't taken the time to buy one.  We actually used one of Sandy's puppy pads.  We decided that we weren't going back to pull-ups since he had proved that he could go without!  That was last Saturday night and so far (knock on wood) we are accident free!  SO very exciting!
Garrett has been obsessed with puzzles lately.  It is so fun to watch him put them together.  He really does an amazing job and can do some big puzzles.  I love watching him learn things.  He catches on so quickly.  We need to go out and buy him some more big boy puzzles.
Garrett also has become so snugly lately.  I don't know where the change happened but he loves to crawl up in our laps and just snuggle and cuddle.  It may only last for a minute and a half, but it's the best minute ever.  He also is giving tons of hugs and kisses!  This is so awesome because he used to not hug and kiss much at all.  I am enjoying him making up for lost time!  On Friday morning he came and got in our bed after he woke up laid with me and just snuggled for about 15-20 minutes.  We laid in silence.  It was awesome.  He talks non stop, so I enjoyed some peace and quiet and snuggles!
We've also noticed that when he's eating he likes to give out hugs and kisses too.  I tell Josh that he loves food like I do and that food makes him happy like it makes his mama happy!  Ha!
So far every year keeps getting better and better with him.  Some say that age three is worse than age 2.  Really two wasn't bad and three has been fun so far.  Don't get me wrong, he has his moments and frustrates us.  But overall he is just a kindhearted little guy.
This week he was watching Peter Pan and apparently Captain Hook took Peter Pan's shadow.  He was telling Josh and I about this.  The next day on the way to school I asked G if he wanted to see his shadow when we got to school.  He busted out laughing and said "MOMMY use just kiddin'".  I said no buddy you have a shadow.  He then again kept telling me over and over again that I was kidding with him.  He thought I was a comedian or something because he was rolling in his car seat laughing so hard.  I couldn't help but laugh because he was so tickled.  Well then since I was laughing he really did thing I was kidding.  What a mess he is.  When we got out I showed him our shadows and now he is obsessed with shadows!
He is also enjoying going to basketball and baseball games for ECU.  The last ECU weekend game is tonight so we will go to that.  There is also a baseball tournament that if the wind slows down we will attempt to go to.   Fun times!

1 comment:

  1. What a cutie! I hope I get to meet him someday. I hope WESLEY gets to meet him someday! I can only imagine the fun they would have!! Bailey is currently obsessed with puzzles, too and I highly recommend thrift stores and the Dollar Tree to keep up with the frenzy! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete