Saturday, February 4, 2012

January wrap up

I saw someone else do a blog on their month and thought it was a good idea to try and remember what was going on.  We will see how it goes.  January ended up being a VERY busy month for us but we had a BLAST.  We had Garrett's birthday party and then 4 of his buddies had birthday parties too.  It was a lot of fun.  We had Garrett's at ViQuest in their indoor pool.  So much fun.  The other parties were held at Jump Fit and a gymnastics place.  We love Jump Fit.  They have one huge bouncy castle and then a huge indoor playground set.  We also found out you can pay to go for an hour if you want to.  We will probably do this at some point because it got TONS of energy out!  Gymnastics was fun too!  They had a huge pit of foam to jump in.  Garrett loved it!!!
I've gotten back into running.  I never got "out" of it completely, but slowed down a lot.  SO once December was over and I had gained 8lbs (urgh, but totally fun doing it) I knew that it was time to jump back in!  I got a running watch for Christmas and it is just awesome.  We don't have to stick to a certain path anymore, we can run wherever we want to go!  I also decided to run a 1/2 Marathon.  CRAZY!!!  I was going to do my first in October, but a good friend convinced me to do one in March.  I didn't think I could do it, but feel better about it now (ran 9 miles today).  My friend Richard is also nice enough to run with me.  He is faster than I am and is willing to sacrifice his time to help me out.  I'm so excited about it.  Nervous too.  Will keep you updated as we go along.
Luckily January was very mild.  We had some days that were upper 60's lower 70's.  It was very nice! 
Overall it was a great January. 

No comments:

Post a Comment