Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Valentine's Day and some date nights

Josh and I are VERY lucky to have 2 sets of wonderful grandparents that live in town.  We need to take advantage more of some date nights with them :-)
Two weekends ago SuSu (Josh's mom) was able to take care of Garrett.  We dropped him off and had an afternoon and date night together.  It was MUCH needed and so awesome.  We went and saw The Vow.  It was a good romantic movie.  After the movie we went to a new restaurant for us, but has been in Greenville for awhile.  It is called Wasabi 88 and is very popular for sushi.  Josh and I don't do sushi, but their Hibachi was AWESOME and so was their spicy chicken.  Oh my I wish I could be eating it right now.  Here is their website and if you are in Greenville it is a must to check out.  http://wasabi88.com/ They are only open for dinner though!  We slept in and went to church.  It was such an amazing service and I was so glad that Josh got me to go.  I wanted to be selfish and stay at home.  Ahhh so glad that I went.
Valentine's Day was on a Tuesday night.  Some friends of ours had told us about a Murder Mystery going on at ECU.  It is open to faculty, staff and students.  Dinner was included and we decided that it would be fun to do something new.  We met with our friends Olivia and Joe and tried to solve the crime!  It ended up being a double murder and we figured out one of the murderers, but not both.  It was honestly a fun night and was neat going on a "double date".  Here are a few pictures before we left.  One is of G the next morning.  He made a bow tie at school and was so proud and I just thought he was precious :-)
Garrett wanted to get in on the picture

Valentine's Day 2012

Given best smile by his teacher and his bow tie that he made :-)

OMG I could just squeeze him...ha!!
It was a great day!
Last weekend we let Garrett stay with my parents.  Before we took him over to my parents we went to Krispy Kreme for breakfast.  This was so much fun.  He loves doughnuts as much as his mama.  We let him wear his pajama's.  After breakfast we went to ECU's campus and ran around with G.  He loved it and we did too. This time we did a lot of independent things.  I went grocery shopping and shoe shopping...ha!  It was great.  I also went out for a run.  Was trying to get 3-6 miles in and only got 1.7 miles.  Very disappointing, but it was OK.  I listened to my body and hope to be able to get in a 10.5 mile this weekend.  We got yogurt and had Italian for dinner.  It was OK, but the service was awful.  Just so you know if you eat with us you will probably get bad service.  Josh and I tend to get bad service most of the places we go.  Not sure why?!  We came home and ate in front of the TV and watched the movie Courageous.  It is a must see and very thought provoking. I truly enjoyed it and would recommend it!  Sunday when we got Garrett it was FREEZING and cold!  So we all put our pajama's on and had an indoor movie afternoon.  G sat still the entire time and it was quite nice.

Time to plan some more date nights ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment