Monday, December 26, 2011

10 Mile Run

Well I had my BIG run of the year on Sunday December 4th.  This is the run I had been so nervous about all year.  I had been training for the past 3 months or so and was honestly ready for this run to be here and be DONE!  I just wanted to have the accomplishment of running the entire race.  I had done a 10K race (6.2 miles) two weeks before and did HORRIBLE.  I was only able to run the first 2.5 and then had to walk most of it.  The 10K race ended up being a very hot day and I think that had a lot to do with it.  It was in the 70's. 
When I checked out the weather for the 10 mile race was supposed to be in the 50's.  PERFECT weather!  Well a couple of days before the race the temp kept rising.  It was supposed to be around 65 degrees.  I was getting nervous.  I was scared it would be too hot!
Luckily I have been training with some great girls.  We run 3-4 times a week and on Saturdays we would do a long run.  The training really helped! 
Traci and I started out together and ran about the first 4 miles side by side.  We decided that we should listen to some music at that point and ended up separating.  I still watched/followed Traci and it was so awesome to have her there!  Well guess what?  We both did it and we both ran the entire thing.  That was our goal.  It felt awesome!
I finished in 1:43:43!  I was very happy with my time.  I was not happy with the HUGE blister I got on the bottom of my left foot!  I got it around mile 4 and it was horrible!
I will be ready for next year to see if I can beat my time from this year!!  Here are a few pictures from the race:

Before the race

After the race



Oh yeah, the guy dressed up and the older guy both beat me.  Racing teaches you to be humble.  It is amazing!

I would have to say the BEST part of the race was coming to the finish and having friends and family there cheering me on.  Garrett and Josh were there, and that was awesome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment