Monday, October 3, 2011

Weekend Review

Well another 2 weeks have passed.  Working hard on keeping up with the blog, but I find myself so exhausted by the time I get home, that I don't even feel like blogging.  Hopefully I will be able to do at least a once a week blog, but my goal is twice a week :-)
This weekend was a very busy weekend.  This was a GREAT weekend.  Garrett was not on his best behavior, but overall it was wonderful.
Saturday morning I met my mom for breakfast and a pedicure!  It was her birthday weekend.  It was so much fun to spend time with my mom.  We don't get as much time these days to have one on one time together.  After we got our pedicures I headed to CVS and Walgreens to get some deals.  I want to work on stocking up on my stock pile of shampoo's, conditioners, and body wash.  I found a great deal on razor refill cartridges:  Regular price was 12.99, on sale for 8.99 and I had a 4.00 off coupon.  On top of that I got back a 5.00 register reward towards a future purchase!  Awesome!!!!
Saturday afternoon Josh, Garrett and I hung out together before Josh left to go to the ECU/UNC-CH game.  Garrett and I had a date night Saturday.  We went to Chick-Fil-A for dinner.  While waiting in line we had a funny happen.  I was standing there with Garrett and all of a sudden Garrett said "Mommy someone pooted".  I said "What did you say?"  He said "Mommy someone pooted, was it you?"  YIKES!  No it was not me and I don't know what he was smelling.  It made me laugh.  At dinner I asked him what he wanted to be for Halloween.  We have a dinosaur costume on order.  He told me a snowman.  Yes a snowman!  Never seen a snowman costume.  Luckily this morning he was back to wanting to be a dinosaur.
After dinner we went and had yogurt together.  It was VERY yummy and he did such a good job.  He loved it.  After yogurt we went to Barnes & Noble and played train and got a Halloween book.  All in all a fun night.  He went to bed easy and I had the night to myself!  I watched a movie, read a book in bed and relaxed!  SO AWESOME!
Sunday Garrett and I went to church while Josh got some R & R from staying up so late the night before.  After church we came home and I was lucky enough to go to a bridal show for my future sister-in-law!  My mom, and her mom and sister to get some wedding ideas!  It was so much fun and a great walk down memory lane.  I decided I would be the profesional cake tester...it was AWESOME.  Come to find out, they have someone for the cake, but man those samples were delicious!  Yumm.  I think I will start going to wedding shows just for the free cake! 
After the wedding show I came home and did finger/hand painting with Garrett for my mom's birthday.  It was a lot of fun and Garrett did a great messy job!  We had the BEST meal for dinner.  Dad did steaks on the grill, Preston and Nicole did the potatoes and I did the salad!  The best part was the chocolate cake!  Yummy!!!!!
It was a great weekend!  I'm exhausted and headed to bed :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment