Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Weekend Review

This weekend was filled with ups and downs.  Saturday was what my definition is of the "perfect" lazy Saturday!  Garrett slept in (aka slept until 6:30).  We all got up and had breakfast.  We found Beauty and the Beast on TV and sat down for a snuggle session.  It is so much fun to watch Garrett see something for the first time.  He is so smart and can tell us all sorts of emotions the different characters are feeling and if they are big or small etc.  I love it! 
After watching Beauty and the Beast we painted.  We did a little finger painting and then regular painting.  We stayed in our pajama's all morning long!  I wish we could have pajama days more often!  We had lunch and then we shipped Garrett over to Susan's for a date night for us. 
I love date nights.  Luckily we have a lot of family in town and can go on them when needed.  Boy was it needed!  We did a little Halloween shopping when we dropped G off.  I picked up a few inexpensive things from Target.  After that we went and got yogurt and then came home and were lazy for a few hours.  We sat in silence.  We love G to pieces, but he talks non stop ALL DAY LONG.  It is nice when he's gone to just have some quiet time...
Josh and I love Moe's and went there for dinner.  That's right, we didn't go to a nice sit down restaurant, we went to Moe's!  Ha!  After dinner we headed to Harris Teeter for triple coupons.  We shopped for 2 hours.  It was great not having a little one with you.
We came home and went to church on Sunday.  Susan called us before we left and told us that Garrett woke up at 3am and never went back to sleep.  He was complaining that he didn't feel well and he was pulling on his ear.  We went and picked him up after church and he was Mr. Grumpy pants.  I guess he used up all his sweetness on Saturday.  We came home and I prayed that he would take a nap.  He doesn't usually do naps with us anymore, so it is a flip of the coin if he will actually take a nap.  Praise the Lord he fell asleep watching TV on the living room floor.  I took that opportunity and took a nap myself and so did Sandy!  She ended up waking me up while she was having a dream.  She was yelping (I think she was chasing a cat or something) and woke me up. 
We went and visited my parents after that and had a nice time visiting them. 

Overall it was a wonderful weekend and I hated to see Monday roll around.  Halfway there until this weekend!  Yay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment