Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Four Letter Words

I haven't had a chance to blog in a while, so I thought that I would try to catch everyone up with four letter words. I've thought hard about this, so lets see if I can do it :-)

POOP
This seems to be the biggest thing going on at our house and this is what cour life is centered around...poop, poop, poop. We have been trying to work on potty training for about 6-8 weeks now. He hasn't had too much of and issue with going number 1 in the potty, but the poop has been the kicker! About 4 weeks ago after talking about his BIG GREEN TRUCK (this was covered in a past post) for 2 weeks he FINALLY went poop in the potty. He went twice that day. I cried. I was so HAPPY. Well it was a short lived celebration. He stopped after that day. Well, last Thursday after buying more bribe gifts he finally started back again. He has pooped in the potty since then with just three little accidents. I hope we are onto something. The only thing is that these prizes are wearing me out. We just got a basket and put a bunch of small things in the basket. He wants prizes ALL THE TIME! Even when he doesn't poop and will throw the biggest fits! Ugh. He's getting better though. Fingers crossed he is on the right path. Hopefully next week or soon after that, he will be in his big boy underpants.

BUSY
Good gracious, I feel like I haven't stopped moving. It has just been very busy lately. Josh and I went on a mini vacation with each other a few weeks ago. We decided to go to Charlotte for an extended weekend without Garrett. This was our longest time away from him. It was so hard, but SO fabulous at the same time. We left on Thursday night and drove up 1/2 way. On Friday morning we went to Carowins. It was fun, but we are not as young as we used to be. We loved the water park, the roller coasters, not so much. We both felt so dizzy after getting off each one. It was overcast and actually cold there. It was about 70 degrees and raining. We had no lines. We were freezing cold, but made the best of it. We then went to our hotel and it was AMAZING. It is fairly new and there is so much to do right at our hotel. There was a movie theatre, bowling alley, bars and restaurants. We had a blast. If you are ever in Charlotte, it is called The Aloft Hotel. Here is the website: http://http//www.aloftcharlotteuptown.com/?PS=PS_aa_SelectService_GoogleExact_aloft_charlotte_uptown_at_the_epicentre_112310_NAD_FM
It was a very "young" hotel. Saturday it was still overcast, so we just relaxed. We went to a movie, Horrible Bosses. Awesome movie, a must see. We did some shopping and then went out to a dueling piano bar. Lots of fun. Sunday was the best day by far. We went whitewater rafting! That's right, in Charlotte. They have a man made place there and it was just perfect. There was so much to do. We got there about 2 o'clock and left at 8:30 (kicking and screaming). I didn't want it to end. We went whitewater rafting twice (I fell out of the boat) and did the Mega Zip Line. I opted to do a free fall jump, Josh did not. I would go back again and again. This is the website in case you are interested...
http://http://usnwc.org/
We left Monday and came home to get Garrett!
So since we have gotten back we did swim lessons with Garrett. They were great. He learned a lot and we will do them again next year too.
I have been tyring to get caught back up with work. I swear you have to work SO HARD to go and then work double hard when you get back. So worth it though!

SING
So Garrett has started singing around the house finally. He would never sing before, but is making up for lost time. Ha! His two favorite songs currently are Jesus Loves Me and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Can I tell you how much it warms my heart that Jesus Loves Me is his favorite song? He will randomly look at me and just say "Mommy, Jesus loves me"! I will say, yes Garrett, yes he does! Makes me so proud. Well he sings this song over and over and over again. He usually sings while playing with his cars and toys. He will mix the two songs together too which is fun to hear as well. He also loves: The Wheels on the Bus, Row Row Row Your Boat and Ring Around the Rosy. He loves for me to sing these songs to him too. I love that he loves me to sing (I can't sing...shew, it isn't pretty). So we sing and sing and sing. I hope he always will sing with me.

TALK
Good gracious, this boy still loves to talk! He talks from the time he wakes up until he falls asleep (talking of course). We are trying to teach him to not talk while we are talking. So we tell him "mommy and daddy are talking right now, you can talk when we are finished". He will say "OK" and then we will continue our conversation. We will talk for about 2 seconds and then he will start back in again talking. I know I will miss his talking all the time, so I try not to get too worked up over it and just enjoy the ride :-)

BURN
I've been hitting the gym pretty hard lately. I love it for my physical and mental well being. My "typical week" consists of
Monday: Step Class. It is a 50 minute class and is so intense. They only offer it on Monday's and it is a great way to start off the week. If you know me, you know I have zero coordination! For some reason, I have coordination when in step class. It makes me feel good :-)
Tuesday: Tuesday mornings I do weight training with my trainer Anthony. My coworker/friend Susie trains with me. We train so well together and it is fun having someone to work out with. Anthony is awesome and I look forward to working out with him. He pushes me and it is awesome because I've felt so "weak" in the past and slowly I am proving to myself that I am so strong. LOVE IT. Tuesday nights I come back for Zumba. I don't know what I would do without it. This class is so much fun. My instructor is Elizabeth and she is amazing. I hope to one day dance like her! I've come a long way! Bless my heart.
Wednesday's: Rest...I don't exercise typically on Wednesdays.
Thursdays: Back in the gym for Weight Training with Anthony in the morning. I sometimes try to run 1-3 miles before training if possible.
Friday: I run after work. I try to go at least 4 miles. I hope to run a 10 mile race soon.
Saturday: I do some sort of cardio
Sunday: NOTHING
I love working out. I never thought I would. I hated it growing up. I absolutely love it and it makes me a better person.

LOVE
I just love my guys, family, friends and life. I am truly at a good point in life and am enjoying it. Josh and I have also joined Covenant Church in Greenville. This church has done amazing things for me. It will probably have to be a post in itself. Amazing church!

Well that's enough for right now. I hope to start posting more!

3 comments:

  1. What a fun post! Good job on the gym! We just joined the YMCA in May, and it is seriously the best thing ever. I have never been this consistent before, and it helps that the babies love to go to the child watch so it's a nice thing to make a part of our day. I've enjoyed the classes/training they offer, too. But yeah, I can't believe I love it either!! YAY Garret for pooping in the potty...Wesley is still NOT pooping in the potty! He also does well with peeing in the potty, but the poop is frustrating. Someday!?!...And your trip sounds so much fun! I think it is hilarious that you felt too old to do roller coasters but were zip lining and free falling?! You go girl!!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) That's all I got to "say"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your posts are so fun to read! I loved this one and also love Aloft! Pete has been wanting to go ziplining somewhere so I'm going to check out the place in Charlotte! Maybe I can handle it too?! We'll see!

    ReplyDelete