Sunday, July 10, 2011

Birthday Weekend

It started with watermelon margaritas...PERFECTION






GiGi reading to Garrett at the end of the night




Me and mom




Mom, Dad and me (missing Preston)



Garrett killing some cupcakes




Playing with stuff in the garage :-) Who needs toys?




I love that I still get birthday napkins. Yummy cupcakes!





Josh and me


These pictures were all taken at my parents house for my birthday celebration. I need to back it up a few days though. I just have trouble loading pictures, so they came first this time :-)


I don't have any pictures, but my celebrations started on Saturday. We started by taking Garrett to see his first movie, Cars 2. He did SO GOOD. He lasted a little over an hour and he was just precious. He enjoyed it, but we left early. We went to Chick-Fil-A and had some lunch and then took him to SuSu's house. SuSu is Josh's mom and Garrett was lucky enough to spend the night with her so that we could have a date night and celebrate my birthday together. SuSu had a big cupcake waiting for us and Garrett sang Happy Birthday to me. So So Sweet. He sang it a lot that weekend. We dropped Garrett off and he had a blast.


Josh and I went to see another movie, The Hangover 2. It was awesome. We laughed and laughed. It was nice to have any concerns and just enjoy ourselves. We needed to do it more often (I'm sure our parents won't mind). We went to CPW's for dinner. The service was terrible! The food was AMAZING! When we were getting to the end of our dinner a couple came in and was put at a table behind ours. The tables were very close though. What I'm trying to get at is that I could hear everything they were talking about! I am a very nosy person (I will be the first to admit it) and love making up stories of what people are doing etc. Well I didn't have to make up a thing. These two were on a first date and they met online! He was a horrible date and I felt sorry for the girl. He talked about his girlfriend and the fact that he sweats a lot within the first five minutes. It was awesome! I wish we could have found out what happened, but we had to go! Thank you SuSu!!!!


Sunday afternoon we went to the pool for the first time this year with Garrett. I will post about that later. He was a little fish and just did so well!!! I was so proud!


Sunday evening we went to my parents house and had dinner. When we drove up there were balloons on the mailbox! Ha! My mom has always celebrates huge! I love it. My grandmother and Uncle were able to come down and celebrate too. So mom and dad made watermelon margaritas and they were SO YUMMY! We also had cupcakes, steak, and rolls! I love food, so I was super excited. We had a grand time.


To say I felt blessed is an understatement! It was just wonderful.



2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Kim! Looks like a great time! Garrett is sooo cute....hmmmm, how old is he now? 2 and a half by my calcs. I have a sweet granddaughter turning 2 next month....hmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOu are right...he is 2 and a half. We will have to meet up sometime ;-)

    ReplyDelete