Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Me...Love to workout? Who would have known?

Growing up I was never a "small" child. I was always fluffy (this is the word I like to use). When I was in Elementary school I will never forget when I was riding the bus home and a wide load truck was passing by. Well all of a sudden one of the other kids on the bus yelled out "Hey Kim, here you come". YIKES! Kids are so mean! I now can look back and laugh at this. I mean who says something like that? It's amazing that happened over 20 years ago, but I can remember it like it was yesterday.
While in college my weight got pretty high. I lost it before I got married by going to Weight Watchers. I love Weight Watchers and continue to this day to practice it. Once I got married, I gained 30 lbs the first year. Talk about being happy. We ate out all the time and I don't think I ever exercised. I never enjoyed exercising.
I joined Weight Watchers one last time and have kept the weight off (except about 10lbs I gained, but am now almost done working off). I also got a trainer, Anthony. I mentioned him before. He has been a HUGE help. I've also started trying new things.
I started spin class about 4 months ago and really enjoyed it. Man it is hard, but fun! I also started Zumba. This is my new favorite thing to do. I have never smiled so much doing a class. I feel so SILLY in there, but get such an awesome workout! Wow!
I have also been running on and off for about 2-3 years now. The most I would do would be running 3.1 miles (doing 5K's). I honestly never thought that I would enjoy running or would pay anyone to let me run. I would think that you would have to pay me to run! This year I am planning on running a 1/2 marathon. I am so scared/excited about this. This has been on my "bucket list" but I never wanted to say it out loud because that would mean I would have to follow through. Secretly I would love to do a full one, but one step at a time! I've started practicing these past few weeks and am up to 5 miles. I'm averaging 10 minute miles on the treadmill. I really enjoy it.
I never thought that I would enjoy working out but can honestly say that I love it!

2 comments: