Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Power of the Popsicle

Let me start off by saying that Garrett is PICKY! When we first started baby foods he LOVED it all! I think he was just so excited to have "real" food...no more liquid diet! Ha!
Well around a year we could not get him to eat fruit, but he would eat any bean you put in front of him. He just loved vegetables. Well I don't know when it stopped, but for the last 6 months they only thing we could get him to eat was banana or apples. Thankfully he would eat those, but obviously he needs to eat more. Well since he was at daycare we haven't worried too much because he will eat there. Yes, he has us wrapped. Lets just say we pick our battles. Getting him to eat a full meal with us was an accomplishment!
Well I've had enough of bananas and apples. So I started thinking...what will get him to eat vegetables? Well I've found it! We are on day 3 of our new plan. We put a new vegetable of some sort on his plate every night and if he eats it ALL, then he can have a Popsicle :-) Now the Popsicles that we are allowing him to have are "mini". It is the size of my thumb and has 2g of sugar. They are made with fruit juice. I am SO EXCITED this is working and hopefully we will be able to get him to just start eating without the promise of the Popsicle, but we will take what we can get at this point!
Every time he finishes his plate he yells "I have a happy plate mommy". He knows I am so excited for him. When he finishes his Popsicle he then yells "I have a happy Popsicle Mommy"! It makes me laugh! Such a sweet boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment