Saturday, September 20, 2014

Here we go again (but this time I'm sticking to it!)

Carter is turning six months soon and I can't use "I just had a baby" much longer.  It is time to get rid of the weight.  I've made tons of excuses of why I don't have time to exercise.  It is really hard for me to make and find time, but I know this is so important.  I don't want to be this weight.  I was 21.8 pounds heavier than when I got pregnant.  I want to get down to at least my pre-pregnancy weight.  Also if I don't lose the weight I will be doing laundry every other night because I only have a few pairs of pants to wear...bless!
I still couldn't figure out how I was going to do it.  I can't really afford a gym membership right now and definitely couldn't afford a trainer.  I knew as well that I needed to be held accountable.  Accountability is amazing and truly motivates me and helps me stay in check.
A few weeks ago my coworker mentioned that she heard of a study being held at a local gym that was an 8 week program that included a one hour training sessions.  The cost was only 90 dollars and if you complete the 8 weeks (you have to go 3 times a week minimum) then they give you an additional 8 weeks membership at the gym.  Whoa, it doesn't get much better than that! 
I went for a health assessment last weekend to hear more about it and get my measurements and weight taken (never fun).  I was so out of shape, seriously ridiculous.  It was embarrassing.  We had to do sit ups, push ups and go up and down on the step.  Can I be honest and tell you I was soooo sore the next day.  I will also let you know I had a "last meal" lunch on the way home before starting my healthy eating.  So bad!  I went to Cook Out and got a grilled chicken sandwich with fries and onion rings and of course a milk shake.  Whoa it was SOOOOO amazing!!  yummmm! 
I started working out this past Tuesday with my new trainer.  It felt amazing to get in the gym!  We did weights which I hadn't done in a long time.  It was sooo nice.  I went back Thursday night and did 30 minutes of cardio.  I didn't have much time.  I jogged 10 and power walked 20.  It was slow and ugly, but it was DONE!!  I went today and ran 15 and walked 15, did 10 minutes on the bike and 5 on the elliptical.  45 minutes!  yay!
So I have started!  I will update you as I can, but feels great to have started.  I hope I can drop this weight by the end of the year (hopefully before that, but the Holiday's are coming up and I am realistic).

No comments:

Post a Comment