Sunday, February 2, 2014

31 Weeks!

How Far AlongWe are 31 weeks (well actually 32 weeks tomorrow).  How in the world did we get here so fast?  We are now in the single digit countdown until Carter is here!  8 weeks left as of tomorrow.  WOW!

Size of Baby:  As of 32 weeks Carter should weigh around 3 and 3/4 pounds and is around 16.7 inches long.  I think it's funny that they say he is about 16.7...strange number.

Maternity Clothes:   Yes of course...

Gender:  Boy!!!  Baby Carter.

Movement:  Yes and I think he is starting to run out of room and getting a little snug in there.  I'm getting the feet in the side and under the ribs.  Sometimes it can be a little painful.  Garrett was with me during one of Carter's big movements that hurt and he pointed to my belly and said "Don't do that Carter!!!".
 
Sleep:  Doing pretty good.  Trying to take advantage while I can before I get to the very uncomfortable stage of pregnancy and it is even hard to sleep.  I still wake a few times, but seem to be able to fall back pretty easily.  I am most exhausted though first thing in the morning and then the late afternoon.  We wake up around 6:30 (thanks to Garrett...shew) and I could take a nap around 8:30am.  Ha!  I have had a few nights where I fall asleep on the sofa around 7pm and get a little catnap. 

What I miss:  My legs.  I feel like they have gotten HUGE.  I also am just ready for my body to be back to "normal".  Don't get me wrong, I love the belly.  I love the movement.  this is more than likely our last pregnancy so I am trying to soak it all in.

What I'm looking forward to:  We have pretty much put the nursery together.  The crib is up and bedding is in it, the room is painted.  The clothes have been washed and put away.  Josh did the majority of all this and I have joked with a friend that he is nesting.  Ha.  For those of y'all that don't know Josh very well he is OCD when it comes to cleanliness and I am NOT!  He did not know what he was getting into when he married me.  I've gotten a lot better, but still he is always cleaning.

Cravings/Food Aversions:  I really am not having any problems now which is great!  I am really trying to eat healthier starting this week.  We have had Holiday's, followed by tons of company lunches, followed by SNOW.  I am sooo weak and have avoided the talk with my midwife about weight gain.  I feel like the talk is coming though.  We will see.  We went shopping this weekend and I have lots of fruits and veges and healthy options.  Now I just need to stick to it!

Symptoms:  I am starting to waddle a little bit.  Still out of breath if I get going too fast.  I have a feeling that tying my shoes are going to start becoming difficult.  I can still wear my wedding bands and my Meredith class ring.  I am so excited about that.  There were some days pre pregnancy that I would not be able to wear my Meredith ring and I honestly didn't think I would be able to wear it this long.  I don't think I will be able to wear it the entire time, but my wedding bands I think I should be able to wear.
I am also sore by the end of the day if it is a busy day.  All over sore.

Workouts:  Workouts are pretty good.  I've mainly stuck to the stationary bike.  Going to attempt the elliptical this week and see how it goes.  This past week we had a lot of snow and so I wasn't able to go and workout at the gym.  We did however go for a LONG walk and played in the snow for about 2 hours and holy cow I was exhausted!  that was NO JOKE.   
 
Best moment this past weekIt was seeing Garrett practice being a big brother with a fake baby at the hospital.  Bless him he is honestly the most excited person I have ever seen about a baby coming.  I pray that this excitement continues!  I will post some pictures from the hospital. 
 
Here is our 31 week photo.  Excuse again the scary faces.  Garrett is not ready for us to erase them yet.  Lovely.  I hadn't looked at these pictures yet and GOOD GRACIOUS look at that belly!  Whoa.  My goodness it is growing like crazy.  Garrett even looked at me one day and said "Carter is really getting big mommy".  ha!
 
 
Here are pictures from the hospital class on being a big brother.  He had so much fun but talked through the entire class.  Gracious he is just like me and talks all the time.  Ha! 
 
Um is this what Carter is going to look like? 
 
I think I have this!  (mommy is secretly thinking "don't forget to hold his head!!")
 
Learning to wrap up like a burrito or as Garrett said "I'm wrapping him up like a moo moo".
That's how you know you have gone to Moe's one too many times for a kids meal!  ha
 
He had a BLAST! 
 
This is a video from the class.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment