Thursday, November 14, 2013

20 Weeks...HALF way there! what???

How Far AlongWe are 20 weeks and 4 days.  We are half WAY there!  How did we get to be already half way done!  We still have so much to do, and we realize that it will be going fast from here (or at least until 30 weeks when it gets "harder"). The big things we have to do are come up with a name and figure out a nursery!  Luckily since it is another boy we have a lot that we will be able to use again.

Size of Baby:  The baby weighs 10.5 ounces and is the size of a banana...ha.  He is growing

Maternity Clothes:   Yes and I have a love/hate relationship with it.  I'm trying not to buy any additional clothes.  Most of my pants fit when I leave the house and then are falling off of me by the time I get home.  My tops are working pretty well. 

Gender:  Boy and I believe Garrett is preparing me for a life full of BOY.  Let's just say I hope I have enough energy. 

Movement:  Feeling more and more, but not as much as I would like.  I definitely go through stretches when I don't feel much at all during the day.  He seems to be pretty much enjoying hanging out low in my belly.  I think I feel him pretty much under my belly button.  I'm so ready to be able to see him move so Josh and Garrett can see him move too! 

Sleep:  Sleep is touch and go.  My hips are my biggest problems.  A few nights a week they ache all through the night.  It's whatever side I'm laying on.  I truly haven't gained that much weight so I don't understand where the pain is coming from.  I've read that it is somewhat common so I hope that it is gone soon.  Other than that sleep is alright. I just know it's going to get harder and harder as we go along.  Sadly I am in bed by 9:30 at night at the latest...sometimes asleep  by 8:45.  Tonight I took a 20 minute nap around 7pm.

What I miss:  Holding Garrett.  I don't pick him up because my boy is SOLID.  It makes me a little sad that by the time the baby is born he might be too old to pick up.  I will still try my best!!!  I also miss him sitting in my lap.  It's getting harder to let him get snuggled up in my lap.  I miss my body but also love the bump. 

What I'm looking forward to:  the Holiday's!  What I'm not looking forward to is getting on the scale!  I weigh myself at home and do pretty good.  But the scales at the doctor's office always are against me...ALWAYS.  ha.

Cravings/Food Aversions:  I have stayed away from red sauce items.  I may try to reintroduce them back.  maybe.  I miss them!  I have been craving Taco Bell soft tacos with extra tomatoes. This is really strange because I HATE tomatoes pre pregnancy.  I am thinking about adding it to sandwiches etc.  I still lean more towards salty vs. sweet items.  I am working on packing my lunches and breakfast and trying not to eat out as much.  We will see!

Symptoms:  My hips hurting!  My back is starting to hurt a little as well but nothing serious.  Oh and forgetfulness!  My boss calls this CRS syndrome (can't remember sh*t).  Shew it comes and goes.  In fact there was something else I wanted to add to this and I can't remember.  Hopefully it will come back to me by next post :-)

Workouts:  Workouts are going great still!  I am truly enjoying the program at ECU.  I've met some great moms that I honestly feel as though I could be friends with after this.  We are all due within 4 weeks of each other pretty much.  It is great to have multiple people to ask if they are experiencing the same things that you are.

Best moment this past week:  Garrett just being such a sweet little guy!  I swear he loves this little guy as much as we do.  He whispered to my belly the other day "Hey when you come out I have lots of toys for us to play with".  MELT.MY.HEART!  Love him!

Here is the 20 week picture!

Garrett wanted in on the picture.  I had no clue he was going to pose like this.  SO TICKLED!

No comments:

Post a Comment