Sunday, May 27, 2012

You tickle me

Here are a few things that make me laugh when thinking of Garrett right now. 

He is obsessed on growing bigger.  We have the markings on his wall to track how much he is growing.  EVERY night after dinner and he cleans his plate he jumps up and says "I've grown, come measure me" while he is running down the hallway to your room.  As your voice his fading down the hall I can hear you say "BRING YOUR PEN".  So we bring our pen and measure you.
You think it is hilarious for me to tell you to stop growing.  Sometimes you even ask me to tell you that.  Then you just smile and tell me you are going to be bigger than me (which I have no doubt I will be looking up to you in just a few short years).
You still have a love/hate relationship with Sandy.   Sandy feels the same way.  You only want to be kissed when you want to be kissed.  If she tries to kiss you and you aren't ready you yell at her!  On the other hand you torture poor Sandy.  You have made her wear Daddy's shoes and hug and lay on her when you want to snuggle.  She is ready every morning for you and goes into you room before you are awake and starts yelping so that you will get up and play.  And then after you are up 5 minutes she is done with you.  Every morning this occurs!
You come equipped with your own sound effects.  The only time you are silent is when you are sleeping.  You aren't even quiet then because you talk and make noises then too.  You mainly sound like a race car about 90% of the time.  It makes me smile still every time.
You pick your nose all the time and you know it drives me crazy!  You mainly do this when we are driving somewhere.  I always tell you that I have eyes in the back of my head and can see you doing this.  Every time I bust you, you jump about 3 feet because you are so concentrated on picking your nose.  UGH.  The last time we busted you, you asked "If you don't see me picking my nose then is it OK?"  Um no it is still not OK!
You love trucks, trailers, race cars, emergency and work vehicles of any type.  When we drive you always yell out with a lot of enthusiasm.  If by chance your dad or I don't see it you say "You missed it, you weren't paying attention!" 
You still tell me all the time that I'm pretty.  I love it.  You will tell me first thing that I am pretty and you melt my heart. 

You are just a funny kid that always keeps us laughing.  You are three however and have your "moments".  Good heavens when you have them....but I will take them any day because you are such a sweetie.

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post, Kim. He is precious! And hilarious!

    ReplyDelete