Thursday, May 3, 2012

Date night with my 100% BOY

Josh had some things to do tonight, so Garrett and I had a date night.  I picked him up from school and we got two books from his book fair at school.  Of course we had to get a book about monster trucks!  100% BOY! 
Our missing tonight was to find some flip flops and/or sandals.  This child of mine is addicted to his Spider Man shoes.  ADDICTED!  They are super tacky.  You know, the kind that light up and he just loves them, so I love them.  However I do wish he would wear the very handsome New Balance shoes he has too.  His feet are so hot when he comes home from  playing outside at school.  We tried to get flip flops last year, but Garrett's feet were too big.  I couldn't get them to fit and it made me sad for him.  He wanted flip flops like his buddies, but bless that boys feet!
So we ran as fast as possible to a local shoe place here and got there 5 minutes to close.  I hate being that customer, but we needed some shoes!  They asked what we were looking for and I told her sandals or flip flops.  Guess what the first pair she pulled out were??? SPIDERMAN!!!  Holy smokes it was a dream come true!!!  He was pumped.  The question is did they fit?  YES!!!  We were off to a good start!
Next we headed to Waffle House for dinner.  I had the bright idea to use some hand sanitizer before eating no knowing that someone had a cut on their finger.  Ugh.  Tears for like 5 minutes.  Seriously.  We were getting the eyes from everyone in The Waffle House.  He finally stopped crying. 
We headed over to Old Navy after that.  Garrett wanted a muscle shirt.  Before Garrett I swore that my boy would never wear those shirts.  Funny how you eat your words when you see how happy your child gets.  So we went to get more muscle shirts (it will help even out that tan too) and a pair of sandals from Old Navy.  SCORE!
We went to Grandmommy and Pops after that so that they could see his new flip flops!  He was so very excited.
All in all a great date night and I know someone that will be ready to wear his new shoes tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Spiderman ROCKS! And muscle shirts already?! I'm sure I saw a beach pic of him recently on your FB where he was in a shirt like that and I thought- SURFBOARD!

    ReplyDelete