Saturday, May 21, 2011

Result are in and Reunion Weekend

Last weekend was a big weekend for me! It all started with my first weigh in since starting with my trainer Anthony. I was very pleased with my results! I lost 7.5 pounds my first month! Wahoo! I also lost 3.5 inches in my waist! I still have a while to go, but it was great to make a huge dent in what I had to loose. I really have enjoyed this journey and can't wait to see where it will go and end up! I am fortunate enough to do this with a good friend and coworker of mine, Susie. We train together on Tuesday mornings and work out together multiple times during the week. In fact, tonight we are doing a 5K together. I've never been one to work out with someone, but I wouldn't want to do this with out her!
After getting those wonderful results, I was off to a fabulous weekend with my girlfriends. Our 10 year reunion from Meredith College was last weekend. It is so hard to believe that it has been 10 years since we graduated! I met some of my best friends in college and we have all done such a wonderful job keeping in touch. We try to get together a couple of times a year and realize that girl time is important.
We went up on Friday night and when we arrived on campus there was a balloon arch waiting for us as we drove in! They had one when we moved in as Freshman and I was so excited to see it when we arrived! We stayed in the dorms and it brought back such fun memories. They even smelled the same! So much has changed since we were students. They now have amazing apartments on campus and there are so many new buildings. It is just amazing. I don't think I could find my way around if I had to!
Friday night we were treated to a party at the President's house where The Band of Oz played. It was SO MUCH FUN!!!! We then continued the party across the street to a bar and walked home. It was a lot of fun!
Saturday I got to sleep in! AWESOME! I never get to do that, so it was wonderful! We went to a brunch and didn't have any children rushing us! I missed Garrett, but it was nice to have adult time :-)
We also had a baby sprinkle for our dear friend Natalie, who adopted a beautiful baby girl Meg. It was fun sharing in celebrating Natalie in her new journey. That night we went to Solas in downtown Raleigh and had a blast. Sunday morning I was up early to come home and see my guys!
Josh and I also started the journey of joining Covenant Church by starting our classes. We finish our class tomorrow.
It was so much fun and look forward to it for our 15 year reunion.

No comments:

Post a Comment