Wednesday, January 1, 2014

27 Weeks...and we have a NAME for baby Dail!

How Far AlongWe are 27 weeks and 3 Days along. 

Size of Baby:  The baby weighs 2 pounds and 14.5 inches.  Baby is about the size of a cauliflower head.

Maternity Clothes:   Yes of course...

Gender:  Boy and we FINALLY have a name!  Well a first name anyway.  Carter is the name we have chosen for Baby Dail.  Garrett was named after Josh's Dad Gary.  We came up with Carter on our own, but my dads name is Carl, so Carter is following suit with the "Car".

Movement:  Yes and Josh is able to feel him more now.  Garrett has also been able to feel him which is fun to watch. 

Sleep:  Still is touch and go.  Knock on wood, it's been a bit better.  I still don't get a full nights sleep, but finally feel more rested.  I got sick before Christmas and hit a wall...hard!  I was an emotional basket case and so exhausted I couldn't see straight.  I had to get things prepared for Christmas, birthday's (Josh and Garrett) and I had a lot to do at my office.  My mom convinced me to take a day off when I got sick.  I didn't want to use that time, because it is part of my maternity leave, but am so THANKFUL that I did.  The gym has also been closed for about two weeks.  Honestly it came at a great time.  I am finally feeling rested.   

What I miss:  Picking Garrett up and deli meat... I also missed Champaign at New Years!  It is totally worth it not to have any and wait a year...Plus we can have some once Carter arrives!!!

What I'm looking forward to:  We have an ultrasound next Wednesday.  So excited to see Carter.  Hopefully I will be measuring normal (I'm currently measuring 3 weeks ahead of schedule) and things will go smoothly.  We also have to come up with a nursery theme this month.  I'd like to have something in place by the end of January.  February will be here before we know it and then Carter will be here...OMG...

Cravings/Food Aversions:  I really am not having any problems now which is great, but the weight gain not so much.  I put on quite a bit over the holidays!  I don't look forward to hearing about it at my next appointment.

Symptoms:  Feeling bigger and getting out of breath a lot easier. I actually burned my belly on the stove this week.  BLESS.  I was cooking rice on the stove and was reaching above the stove to get something and forgot my belly is bigger than normal...next thing I knew I felt a strong burning sensation.  The dang pot got me.  Luckily no blister or anything.  Learning to be more careful!

Workouts:  Workouts have been put on hold because the gym I go to has been closed since before Christmas.  I think it's been nice to have a break (minus the weight gain).  I have to be honest that I am a bit nervous about starting back tomorrow.  I pray my heart rate stays normal and doesn't sky rocket!  Any prayers would be great!
 
Best moment this past weekI think honestly catching up on sleep and rest.  I took off an extra day at Christmas as well to be able to be at home for Josh's and Garrett's birthdays.  It was awesome.  Today was New Years and we had today off too.  Josh surprised me last night with flowers and it was just what I needed.  He is truly doing such a good job of handling me.  It's a tough job...these hormones are no joke.  Josh and Garrett both have a cold and we had a pajama day until around 3:00.  We went shopping a little and came home and I cooked New Years Dinner.  We had pork chops, mac and cheese, black eyed peas and asparagus!  SO YUMMY.  Now eating right starts back tomorrow...shew.

This picture isn't the best, but we are all pooped and it's the best we could get :-)

2 comments:

  1. Love this! I'm about a week and a half behind you and can relate to all you are going through. I wish you the best and at least you are in the home stretch! ♡the name Carter
    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are adorable, and I love the name!!

    ReplyDelete