Saturday, March 30, 2013

Happy Birthday Sandy!

About two weeks ago Garrett was asking me when Sandy's birthday was.  To be honest I can't exactly remember the day, but know that it is sometime around Easter.  I remember thinking we could name her Lilly because of being born around Easter.  I was working at the bank when one of the tellers told me that they had some dogs they were giving away.  Josh and I decided that when we got back from our honeymoon we would get her.
About 2 years after getting Sandy she had a lump on her nose.  We thought an ant had bit her but a week later the bump was still there.  After taking her to the vet they told us she had cancer.  Oh my goodness our world was turned upside down.  Devastated doesn't cover it.  We were told that it was rare and that the only other cases they had the dog lived for a max of a year.  :-(  We decided to let her live her last year as happy as possible.  What does that mean do you ask??  No crate, extra food, lots of snuggles.  Here we are and Sandy has beat the odds.  We don't know really why except God is good and we still have her! 
So when Garrett asked to have a party for her we figured we should go all out and celebrate her big double digit year.  I asked Garrett what kind of party we should do for Sandy and he said "princess party...".  Ha.  Since she is a girl that equals princess to Garrett.  He specifically wanted  her to have Cinderella gloves and slippers.  So I took him to Target and we went shopping for her party.  Please enjoy the pictures:


Princess napkins and PINK cupcakes!!!

It's PARTY time

Two of my favorite princesses

Yes, Sandy is wearing a skirt!  I love this picture of these two

Can't tell if she likes the skirt or not??

Garrett trying to add some bling to the birthday girl

I think she is embarrassed


Time to sing Happy Birthday!!

The entire family

Typical 4 year old

Pops and Garrett

Grandmommy, Garrett and Susu
 It was an amazing party and was great to have family come and celebrate!

5 comments: