Thursday, November 10, 2011

Running crazy

No really, I'm running like a crazy lady these days!  I have signed up for two more races for the end of this year.  One on November 20th that is a 10K (6.2 miles) and my last one is a 10 mile run.  At the beginning of this year I had a few goals I was thinking about.  One was to run a 5K in less than 30 minutes and the other was to do the 10 mile run.  Up until this past year I have only run a max of 3.1 miles.
When I had these goals at the beginning of this year I didn't want to say them out loud.  I knew that would mean I would have to do them.  SO I said them out loud!  ha!!!
Earlier this year I ran my 5K in less than 30.  That was one of my proudest moments in running EVER!  I honestly never thought that I would be able to do it.  I had hoped to do it, but seriously didn't think it would happen.  I have never been confident when it came to athletics.  I played a few sports but was never good at them.  I'm not just saying that...I really wasn't good. 
I owe a lot of this to my old trainer Anthony.  I feel like he really helped prepare me for my races.
Well, I recently found a great couple of girls to run with.  I have never been able to run with people because I couldn't run and talk at the same time.  Ha.  Well my first run with them was last Saturday.  We ran 8 MILES!!!  What in the world??  If I had to bet money on if I could run 8 miles, I would have lost that bet.  This is now my new proudest moment!  We are going to attempt 9 miles this Saturday. 
I have also run 3 times (including tomorrow) this week.  It is so nice to be able to run and come home and get ready with my family. 
I'm REALLY enjoying this.  I never would have imagined.  The girls that I am running with are all my age and all have children.  They are all new friends and I look forward to our new journey's.
I will keep you posted on how I do in my races!

2 comments:

  1. Girl - YOU ROCK!! You inspire me!! I look forward to the day (next year) when I hit under 30 in my 5ks!!

    ReplyDelete