Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Few of Garrett's Favorite Things...30 months old

I wanted to take some time to blog about some of Garrett's favorite things right now. He is really at such a FUN age right now! He is a hoot!!!! We find ourselves laughing a lot lately at some of the things that come out of his mouth.
He really enjoys reading. He goes through his "favorite" books. For a while it was one of Josh's gold bug books from when he was a child. We call it The Bad Car Book! The only problem with this book is that it is around 60 pages, so we really have to be sneaky and skip pages at night. Otherwise we would be reading forever! His other books that he enjoys are Brown Bear, Brown Bear and a book we have on Dinosaurs. OF course anything with cars, trucks or tractors is a WIN too :-)

He also loves to sing songs. When he is playing by himself he sings the most. He loves "Jesus Loves Me". I think he knows that this melts my heart :-) He will sing it over and over again and then start mixing it with "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". He also loves "Row Row Row Your Boat" and "Ring Around the Rosie"

Every morning Josh goes and gets Garrett out of bed. They then come in and "wake me up". It's a game Garrett loves to play. He yells "BOO" at the top of his lungs followed with a lot of giggles. Then he crawls in bed and yanks the blanket off and says lets go play! My favorite part of every morning.

If I want him to smile and he's being shy I will say "I see that smile"! I look at him and he is trying his hardest not to smile and can't keep it in. SO PRECIOUS

He loves to tickle. EVERYTHING! He will tell me to tickle the TV, tickle Sandy, tickle him, etc. Once I go over to tickle him he will squeal and then yell "Not right now mommy". I will stop and he will ask me to do it again...and we do it over and over

He's starting to make lots of noises with his mouth. He will make motor sounds or car sounds while playing with cars. One day he was trying to get the motor sound going and he couldn't get his lips just right to make the sound. He told me his lips were broken! Ha!

Garrett crosses his legs when sitting about 95% of the time.  He looks like a little grown man! 

I don't wear tank tops very often.  The other day I had one on and he asked me why I had on my bathing suit?  Very random, but got me tickled!

When playing hide-n-seek Garrett usually hides under a blanket on the sofa or on one of the beds.  If we say "Where's Garrett?"  He will tell us exactly where he is.  "I'm on the bed under the blanket, come get me"!  ha!  Bless his heart!!!!

Garrett loves to be NAKED.  When he gets out of the shower or bath, he will yell "Here comes naked boy"!  He had a HUGE smile and so proud of himself.  He will say "I'm naked boy mommy".  Yes you are!

Right now he gets prizes for pooping in the potty.  His favorite prize is a matchbox car.  I swear he will produce one for a car in a flash.  Josh and I have to hide the cars because he will become obsessed with going to the potty.  Well occasionally we will say sit on the floor and close your eyes and let me see if we can find a car.  He will sit, but sometimes we will see him peek.  The other week we didn't have a car available for him and he said "Mommy I will sit on the floor and you find a car, OK?  You find a car mommy?" Ha...he is a smart cookie!


Well this is most of what he is doing right now.  He also started his "big boy" class on Monday.  He moved from a room with around 9-10 kids to around 18 kids!  Big move.  I still wish that there weren't that many children in his class, but we have WONDERFUL teachers!  I am really excited about this year.



1 comment: