Friday, April 25, 2014

Date day with Garrett

Tuesday I was given the gift of having a day with Garrett.  My mom kept Carter and Garrett and I had a "date day".   Oh my goodness we had such a special day!  It was just what I needed.  Garrett and I started the morning off by taking Sandy for a walk.  It was such a BEAUTIFUL day and we had to be outside.  I let him pick out his own clothing and he picked out his favorite, a muscle shirt (tacky of course) and athletic shorts!  He was happy to say the least.  Along our walk Garrett picked me all sorts of weeds flowers!!  It was BEYOND sweet and melted my heart!
The "flowers" from our walk.  He picked out the vases!
After the walk we went to paint pottery.  Garrett LOVES to do this and I had to check my anxiety at the door.  There is no painting in the lines with kids, they express their creativity.  I like order and  plans, with children there is no such thing.  He said going in he wanted to have five different colors.  That alone stresses me out...ha!  He picked out a dog for Sandy to paint.   I just let him pick out whatever he wanted.  Well this dog is some sort of special looking.  Ha!
Garrett with his dog.  We pick it up Sunday!
We went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch and OMG it was sooo good.  I don't eat out much now that I'm on maternity leave. Before maternity leave I ate out all the time, so I actually enjoy eating at home :-)
Garrett started baseball and needs cleats.  So while I had Garrett just to myself I decided to go and let him get a pair.  To say he was excited was an understatement!  He was so stinking excited.  He wants to wear them all the time. 
 
 After that we headed to the park and played. Then we headed to Baskin Robins where they were having a great deal on scoops.  1 scoop for a dollar, 2 scoops for 2 dollars and 3 scoops for 3 dollars.  I mean you cant pass that up!  While we were eating the ice cream I looked at Garrett and asked what his favorite part of the day was.  Painting?  Lunch?  Park?  New shoes?  Ice Cream?  He shook his head no every time I asked.  So I was confused and asked what his favorite part was and he said "spending time with you".  Holy tears!  That was just the sweetest thing he has ever said.  It was from the heart.  I looked a hot mess in Baskin Robins with tears streaming down my face. 
We had a good time and then came home and rested for about 45 minutes.  I was exhausted.  So we had about 45 minutes before we had to go and pick up Carter so I asked him if he wanted to play baseball.  So he put his cleats on and we went outside to play.  He asked me to pitch to him.  Oh he had no idea what he was asking me to do.  I am a horrible thrower (well and catcher).  I made him wear his helmet.  Good thing because I hit him in the head twice!  Don't worry he had his helmet on and I was tossing underhand so there was no damage.
 
 
 
Mom look at my muscles!  HAHAHAHA
 
Getting ready for mommy to throw the ball
It honestly was the perfect day with him!  I look forward to days like this with Carter and Garrett.  So much fun!!  God gave me such a huge hug that day!  These boys are such a blessing to me (including my husband!)

3 comments:

  1. Oh Kim, what a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this made me cry and then laugh out loud! What a special day! What a sweet boy!!

    ReplyDelete